Is adecco a legit company? I need help

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Ortjd in Chicago, Illinois

17 months ago

I applied to a posting from indeed for this staffing company. They contacted me next day. From the beginning they talked about just how good of a fit I was. I had to take tests online and call back the next day. Again im told how good i fit. Now they tell me to check my email for info to fill out. They want work history, living history, and bank info such as routing number. That is a red flag to me. Why would they want that? I havent filled it out yet. I have been trying to do research on them. Also i asked for the name of the company and they told me they couldnt tell me untul later in the hiring process

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ortjd in Burbank, Illinois

17 months ago

Btw i deove to tge location and there was a building there with signage showing "Adecco"

Jobseeker in Concord, California

17 months ago

They're legit. I worked through them several years ago. As to the info they're asking from you, that would give me red flags too though. I wouldn't give the routing number until hired or a least on an assignment. As to the name of the company they're representing, agencies don't give out that info until you're placed there anyway. They don't want you skirting around them and aiming yourself at the company without them. They can't get paid, if you go there on your own.

Jobseeker84 in Atlanta, Georgia

17 months ago

Yes they are. I tried to get on with them to work processing taxes. These days staffing agencies ask for your s.s. #, driver's license up front. I never heard of them asking for your bank routing number up front though. You are well within your right to withhold that info until you feel more secure. If they don't like it, move on. I didn't give my information to one of the office locations because I saw some guy sorting through, what looked like, employees information/paperwork in the wee hours of the morning...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ortjd in New Haven, Indiana

17 months ago

I am filling out paper work online. Like kind of contract looking stuff. One part says something along the lines of "I agree that I am an Adecco employee and will be paid by Adecco and agree to no accept any payment from any third party" or something like that. If they are an recruitment agency why would they pay me? I though they only found people for companies. I figured whatever company that is using them would pay me.

Almost Suicidal in Cypress, Texas

17 months ago

ortjd in New Haven, Indiana said: I am filling out paper work online. Like kind of contract looking stuff. One part says something along the lines of "I agree that I am an Adecco employee and will be paid by Adecco and agree to no accept any payment from any third party" or something like that. If they are an recruitment agency why would they pay me? I though they only found people for companies. I figured whatever company that is using them would pay me.

No, you are being temped out. The company will be Adecco more than they pay you. Adecco will take their chunk of money and pay you yours. Make sense?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.