Question...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Jobseeker in Concord, California

9 months ago

Any opinions about "reputation.com"? Have any of you used the site? I went there (after having found out about it by way of an online article I was reading), but saw through their "privacy policy" that they require your personal info (such as mailing address, etc.) before you can use the site. I view that as incredibly invasive, so I left the site. (Pfft, these days folks refuse to do anything for or with you, unless they can "informationally strip search you" first. :-( That, I'm burned out on.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Catonsville, Maryland

9 months ago

Now, now, how can you expect companies to market useless "stuff" to you if you don't play their game? Are you a team player or not?

Kidding aside, no, I have not tried that site and find the requirement of providing personal info like that to be offensive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

I find it offensive too, but that doesn't stop these folks.

John in Catonsville, Maryland

9 months ago

Doesn't stop them for a moment. Then again, I can't grasp why people share such thing as they do on twitter & fb. I truly barely care about the minutia of my own life, I have no desire to read about the minutia of somebody I don't know.....

Unix Brat in Asheville, North Carolina

9 months ago

When it's late at night and you're busy trying to find some dirt on a company that done you wrong, and you come up empty-handed, chances are that company is a reputation.com client.

9 months ago

Unix Brat in Asheville, North Carolina said: When it's late at night and you're busy trying to find some dirt on a company that done you wrong, and you come up empty-handed, chances are that company is a reputation.com client.

Ya, but why should we have to be "informationally strip searched" in order to GET that company's info? :-( The website doesn't really need it. They'll just sell it to the highest paying customer. :-( Then WE get bombarded w/crap we don't need nor want. :-(

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.