Question...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Jobseeker in Concord, California

13 months ago

Any opinions about "reputation.com"? Have any of you used the site? I went there (after having found out about it by way of an online article I was reading), but saw through their "privacy policy" that they require your personal info (such as mailing address, etc.) before you can use the site. I view that as incredibly invasive, so I left the site. (Pfft, these days folks refuse to do anything for or with you, unless they can "informationally strip search you" first. :-( That, I'm burned out on.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Catonsville, Maryland

13 months ago

Now, now, how can you expect companies to market useless "stuff" to you if you don't play their game? Are you a team player or not?

Kidding aside, no, I have not tried that site and find the requirement of providing personal info like that to be offensive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

I find it offensive too, but that doesn't stop these folks.

John in Catonsville, Maryland

13 months ago

Doesn't stop them for a moment. Then again, I can't grasp why people share such thing as they do on twitter & fb. I truly barely care about the minutia of my own life, I have no desire to read about the minutia of somebody I don't know.....

Unix Brat in Asheville, North Carolina

13 months ago

When it's late at night and you're busy trying to find some dirt on a company that done you wrong, and you come up empty-handed, chances are that company is a reputation.com client.

13 months ago

Unix Brat in Asheville, North Carolina said: When it's late at night and you're busy trying to find some dirt on a company that done you wrong, and you come up empty-handed, chances are that company is a reputation.com client.

Ya, but why should we have to be "informationally strip searched" in order to GET that company's info? :-( The website doesn't really need it. They'll just sell it to the highest paying customer. :-( Then WE get bombarded w/crap we don't need nor want. :-(

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.