Frackin' Home Instead (They Suck!)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois

18 months ago

I went in to fill out an application last Thursday at a local Home Instead. Following that, I had an on-the-spot interview.

I just received a letter in the mail today (dated yesterday) that they appreciate my interest with them, however, they've chosen candidates that more closely met their needs.

SERIOUSLY?

In their Craigslist ads they tell you no experience needed. On their website they tell you that no professional experience is needed but caring for your own loved ones will suffice as experience if you do choose to bring caregiving experience to the table.

How on Earth can you say to someone like me that you've chosen candidates who more closely meet your needed, when, in reality, you tell people they don't need any experience doing that but are willing to consider care for own relatives if a person has done just that?

My caregiving experience is no different than my mom's. Both of us shared in caring for her parents and doing the same things for the both of them. They can hire her part-time, but not me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

I can't believe their letter even arrived this quickly. IMHO, they must've dropped it in the mail right after I left the office.

I know it's nothing my references said because I gave them practically the same 6 names my mom gave them and they'd never say anything bad about me PLUS they never even made an effort to contact any of my references to begin with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois said: In their Craigslist ads they tell you no experience needed. On their website they tell you that no professional experience is needed but caring for your own loved ones will suffice as experience if you do choose to bring caregiving experience to the table.

How on Earth can you say to someone like me that you've chosen candidates who more closely meet your needed, when, in reality, you tell people they don't need any experience doing that but are willing to consider care for own relatives if a person has done just that?

Frackin' double talking idiots.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois said: My caregiving experience is no different than my mom's. Both of us shared in caring for her parents and doing the same things for the both of them. They can hire her part-time, but not me?

What a bunch of crap.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.