Job application personality tests.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Jobseeker in Concord, California

19 months ago

Each time I deal with one of those things, I get frustrated. I want to respond "Depends on the situation.", because not ALL situations dictate the same response. What I'd ALSO like to do, is ask the asker "What do YOU want me to do in that situation?". But there's no way to do that. :-(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Almost Suicidal in San Antonio, Texas

19 months ago

Right!

Do you want Me to handle the situation? I can do that; tell me how you prefer I approach it. Would you rather I referred the issue to someone else?

Totally wiling to follow SOPs.

These days, you have to have the innate genetic predisposition for the job. Really?????

And you see the job open up again and again which would sort of suggest the method of selection isn't working all that well, but hey...this is the 21st century)

19 months ago

I wish they'd get RID of those tests! They didn't need them years ago, so why now? If they're trying to get a heads-up on what type of person someone is before they bring them in, then they need a better method than that! I could be the perfect person for the job, but because I can't get passed those idiotic tests, they have no way to find that out. :-(

Bluetea in Texas

19 months ago

Jobseeker in Concord, California said: Each time I deal with one of those things, I get frustrated. I want to respond "Depends on the situation.", because not ALL situations dictate the same response. What I'd ALSO like to do, is ask the asker "What do YOU want me to do in that situation?". But there's no way to do that. :-(

Today that is the wrong answer. With fewer people responsible for more things today they want you to make the decision and not bother anybody. Kinda tough when its your 3rd day there.

At my last job, I was hired along with another woman. After a month, I didn't see her and asked what happened to her. They said, they had to let her go. Every time they asked her a question she said "I don't know".

19 months ago

But how can a person 'KNOW', if they're not training them??! A person's supposed to have ESP or something?? C'mon, that's ridiculous!

As to an employee "being responsible for their own decisions", aren't "decisions" supposed to be management's responsibility? If not, whynot? After all, isn't that what they're there for? To make decisions.

Missy in San Antonio, Texas

19 months ago

Those personality tests are for the birds. LOL
Anyone can be trained to do any type of job regardless of "personality." All it takes is a willingness to work and do the job properly.

Everyone lies on these tests. The results are false-positive even though the "research" "proves" they can accurately predict an individual's personality. I do not answer the test questions truthfully. I answer them the way I think the employer wants me to answer them. Isn't the word "predict" used when discussing psychics? LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dog_Guy in Miami, Florida

19 months ago

"Consultants" are selling companies this junk and it doesn't take much of a sales pitch to get them on board. The corporate culture loves that type stuff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

19 months ago

Dog_Guy in Miami, Florida said: "Consultants" are selling companies this junk and it doesn't take much of a sales pitch to get them on board. The corporate culture loves that type stuff.

Same thing with Taleo.

How's the ladies in the trailer park?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

@Dog_Guy Why? Why are companies so anxious to fall for this "junk"??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Missy in San Antonio, Texas

19 months ago

Jobseeker in Concord, California said: @Dog_Guy Why? Why are companies so anxious to fall for this "junk"??

In job speak: They want to make the best use of their human capital.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

They're going about it the wrong way though. As a result, they're tossing out the baby with the bathwater. But why should they care? After all, they're already working. We're the ones in search of a job. :-( Makes a person feel like that kid in the movie who "Asked for more" with a pitying look on his face. We "grovel", while they smugly hide behind their "personality tests". Pfft. :-(

I could be the best person for the job, but how can I SHOW them that, if I can't get passed those idiotic tests??? :-(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.