You Entered an Invalid Date

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Almost Suicidal in San Antonio, Texas

15 months ago

No, I entered a valid date, the system repeatedly chopped off the last two digits making the entry invalid. Honestly, I'm not even sure what job I was applying for. Something I found on linked in. After multiple attempts I was finally able to submit.

Moseyed on over to Amazon, I had seen a posting on Indeed. That job posting didn't exist but there were a couple of others I was interested in. No option to create a profile, only to apply via social network. Tried using my linked in account; the window would open, then shut.

Enter your email address to reset your password if you are already registered was an option. I did. They said they would email me a password reset. They did not.

Okay, ready to call it a day! Unfriggingbelievable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

And then this from a county job I applied for: While your application was forwarded to the department for consideration, you were not selected at this time.

Please log into your account to verify you have received this message. Really? I'd rather open a beer, it is Friday afternoon!

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

Almost Suicidal in San Antonio, Texas said: No, I entered a valid date, the system repeatedly chopped off the last two digits making the entry invalid. Honestly, I'm not even sure what job I was applying for. Something I found on linked in. After multiple attempts I was finally able to submit.

Moseyed on over to Amazon, I had seen a posting on Indeed. That job posting didn't exist but there were a couple of others I was interested in. No option to create a profile, only to apply via social network. Tried using my linked in account; the window would open, then shut.

Enter your email address to reset your password if you are already registered was an option. I did. They said they would email me a password reset. They did not.

Bahahahahaaaaaaaaa! It is really a job to get a job these days. Heh!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

Almost Suicidal in San Antonio, Texas said: And then this from a county job I applied for: While your application was forwarded to the department for consideration, you were not selected at this time.

Please log into your account to verify you have received this message. Really? I'd rather open a beer, it is Friday afternoon!

LOL! My older sister is a Neanderthal. When presented with a voicemail she would instantly hit "0". She has done this for years. That option is going away.

Sometimes I find her curled up on the floor in a fetal position, drooling on herself. I know that she hit "0" only to hear "You have made an incorrect selection. If you kknow your party's extension, blah, blah, blah". She cant stand this. Ha!

15 months ago

Reminds me of: please continue to hold, your call is FAIRLY important to us.....as the guy proceeds to knit a cap and scarf.

Unhappilyunemployed in Pennsylvania

15 months ago

Almost Suicidal in San Antonio, Texas said: No, I entered a valid date, the system repeatedly chopped off the last two digits making the entry invalid. Honestly, I'm not even sure what job I was applying for. Something I found on linked in. After multiple attempts I was finally able to submit.

I especially love the pull down menus that don't give you an honest option. I knew a recent application I tried to complete would be a bust when the only pull down option to a question of "current employment" was "years/months". There was no option to even put in "n/a".

15 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: LOL! My older sister is a Neanderthal. When presented with a voicemail she would instantly hit "0". She has done this for years. That option is going away.

Sometimes I find her curled up on the floor in a fetal position, drooling on herself. I know that she hit "0" only to hear "You have made an incorrect selection. If you kknow your party's extension, blah, blah, blah". She cant stand this. Ha!

I discovered that sometimes pressing zero twice will sometimes work. When it does, I feel sooo good!!

15 months ago

And the drop down menu for COUNTRY. Please, how many residents of Somalia are going to be applying for a job in Texas?

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

Unhappilyunemployed in Pennsylvania said: I especially love the pull down menus that don't give you an honest option. I knew a recent application I tried to complete would be a bust when the only pull down option to a question of "current employment" was "years/months". There was no option to even put in "n/a".

My sister says that she sees apps and where it asks for Salary Requirements", people put in $1.00 just to get it through the system. HA!

The thing does compare it to a set salary range and if its too high -Buh bye!

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

Unhappilyunemployed in Pennsylvania said: I discovered that sometimes pressing zero twice will sometimes work. When it does, I feel sooo good!!

Press the number for Sales or New Accounts; a person will always pick up. Computers are terrible at sales.

15 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Press the number for Sales or New Accounts; a person will always pick up. Computers are terrible at sales.

Love it! Didn't think of that trick.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: My sister says that she sees apps and where it asks for Salary Requirements", people put in $1.00 just to get it through the system. HA!

The thing does compare it to a set salary range and if its too high -Buh bye!

Nice! Like I was saying in another great post here, I have a whole list of things I personally would like to see made completely illegal, such as asking for salary requirements. We all know that information only helps them to pick the lowest bidder. Whatever happened to the days of employers and employees negotiating a fair salary? OOOps....don't say it Blue. I don't even own a resume printed on pretty paper with a matching envelope.

15 months ago

A resume printed on pretty paper!

Those were the days. You got dressed up, went in and filled out the application. THEN, they interviewed you, and often ended the interview with: Can you start next week.

That was of course a century ago!

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

Almost Suicidal in San Antonio, Texas said: A resume printed on pretty paper!

Those were the days. You got dressed up, went in and filled out the application. THEN, they interviewed you, and often ended the interview with: Can you start next week.

You'll laugh at this. I was in high school when I accompanied a friend of mine to a job interview. She graduated a year ahead of me. I waited in the lobby while he was being interviewed.

When they were finished, a lady came out and began asking me a few questions. Mind you, I wasn't looking for a job, had no idea what a resume was and I was wearing cut-off shorts! And I had absolutely ZERO experience. Within 10 minutes, I was hired on the spot to work a few hours after school every day!

Here is the kicker. I worked for her in what they use to call Personnel. LOL!

Yeah, I am becoming more and more like my mother every day now.

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

Almost Suicidal in San Antonio, Texas said: A resume printed on pretty paper!

Dad? Is that you? LOL!

15 months ago

Ah, but we were so much younger then...we are useless old fogies now who can't even figure out how to navigate something so simple as Taleo! lol.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.