How many interviews have you gone on in the last 6 months?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 67)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Brooklyn Boys in Brooklyn, New York

53 months ago

I just took a toll at the website unemployed friends, and it is a very cool site with a lot of advise and polls. I just took a poll that had asking how many interviews have you gone on in the last 6 months, and have answered in the 1-10 range it provided. I thought that I was running a little below average compared with others and it also showed the results of everyone who took this poll and 91% of the people said 1-10 interivews. Only 1 person was lucky enough to have 50-60 or maybe that person was thinking of jobs applied to. I sure hope that anyone who applied to over 50 jobs in the last 6 months has a job by now. Take the poll and others at the site to see how you stack up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed and fogotten about in Harwood Heights, Illinois

53 months ago

I am in the 1-10 range as well, looks like hardly anyone has had more than 10 interviews in the past 6 months. The poll should have broke it down a little at the beginning 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, that way it would show that not many were on the high end of that poll. I love the site. It will be down tomorrow for maintenance, but will enjoy it today!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angellee in Tampa, Florida

53 months ago

I went on 4 interviews and was offered a job with the last place I interviewed at. It's not the "perfect" job for me(it isn't in my new field), but it's much better than nothing. It wasn't a picnic getting those 4 interviews though. I submitted many resumes online and never heard anything back. I have a 3 year gap on my resume because I've been in school for a career in the medical field(so far, this education has done nothing for me!).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

I've had about 5 since I've been out of work. (I've been out since February.). So far no luck. But I'm not giving up. I'm going to keep on keeping on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ragtopjohnny in Providence, Rhode Island

53 months ago

1 in like 6 months. This economy sucks. They say jobs are being created. Where? Not here, that's for sure!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Louie in Nashville, Tennessee

53 months ago

They are not being created anywhere. When the jobs report comes out on Friday it will be inflated with census jobs. That for sure will give people false hope when the ones that were on the sidelines jump back in because they feel they missed a job by sitting on the side lines. Can't wait to hear the President speach after the report is out. I know he will be filled with joy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

I haven't been to any job fairs this time. I used to go to them, but now, they're a waste of time. They don't have anything that I qualify for. They want people with college degrees to do outside sales, work in financial, high-tech, the medical field, or even in retail.

I didn't go to college. I have the equivalent of a high school education and business school and vocation training; plus 25 years of call center experience; data entry, Word, light Excel, and email skills. When I first started working in the late 70's, I was a nursing home dietary aide, but I can't do that type of work anymore. I have physical problems, and besides; my heart's just not in it anymore. I am sticking to the office and phone skills and that's the bottom line.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joanna in Berwyn, Illinois

53 months ago

The amount of interviews seems to be going down not up for me. Lately there are alot of scammers calling with contract jobs, telling me if I do a good job I will be promoted. How do they know that? Taking a contract job doesn't guarantee they will even hire you as an employee! They send emails with attachments and will call outside the normal business day. Those will never result in an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

I need a job in Lakeville, Minnesota

45 months ago

I have been on 3 with one more coming up this week. I use to remember going on an interview and getting the job. Now I feel like Im giving up hope because of no one wanting me or because the competition is unbelievable. However, I do want to bless those that has gotten a job. Congradulations and soon we all will have a job as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

:( in Tampa, Florida

36 months ago

16 plus interviews in three months and no offer. Makes you start to look hard in the mirror. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

IslandStyle

36 months ago

3 interviews in 6 months all for out of state jobs (live in Florida).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

36 months ago

I think I had about 7 or 8 interviews this year. That was more than last year with only four. I've also had more employer interest with more people contacting me through Craigslist. I've seen more jobs posted in my field that are within my driving distance. A little better than last year when I'd go weeks without seeing anything I was qualified for or close enough to where I live.

IslandStyle

36 months ago

Designer Bee...I have heard of soo many horror stories of craigslist jobs, BE CAREFUL!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

The place I just got hired at found me on CL in the resume section. I've gotten emails from legitimate employers that way, but they were just too far away to drive to. Not everyone is a creep. Just have to use common sense with how much info you provide.

Chris in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

Three...none so far this year, not much out there to even apply to. Companies are doing better, but still reluctant to hire. They are working the staff to the bone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nothing here either... in Dunedin, Florida

33 months ago

After more than twenty interviews, I had to take a step back. I'm growing frustrated and my point of view is getting very bleak. I've tried to get into the heads of these people that are interviewing, but it's a messy and ugly place, so I'll just stay where I'm at for now...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Holmberg in Noblesville, Indiana

33 months ago

Since June 2008, I have applied and submitted resumes for 1,827 positions. Interviewed twice. Still Unemployed!!! Even with 30+ years experience in IT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ZoeySnap in Orange County, California

33 months ago

Since June of 2011, I've had about 17 interviews. My last was this past Friday. They said they would let me know by the end of this week one way or another, but I won't hold my breath.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

KB in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

They say that jobs are being added in each of the last 6 months, well it sure does not seem that way to me. Had 6 last year, and none so far this year. They don't even call! Watch the unemployment report is coming out on Friday February 3, and we will hear that the unemployment rate has gone down to 8%, the magic number that Obama is hoping to be under by November, as No President was ever elected to office when the unemployment rate was higher than 8%. If it does go under that by election, that will be because we all stopped looking at the fake ads and have given up. They don't count you when your 99 weeks runs out, so that will explain why it will be that low.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

The unemployment number reported, whatever it is, is specious. It's 10% or so here in IL. I believe the real number is somewhere closer to 15% if you add in all of those not getting unemployment.

As far as the political aspect of your post, well, obviously this administration has been a complete disaster. I don't know how this country can elect this guy. I don't care who is running against him.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

OK here's an update. I was laid off exactly a year ago this month (January, 2011). Since last July, I've only had three in-person interviews.

The one I had in July was with a company that does legal services; specifically obtaining information from companies so that they can go ahead with intended lawsuits. However, there was a full-time three-week training session, and I was afraid that it was going to affect my disability. Therefore, I decided not to go through with this job, and withdrew from consideration.

I had another one at the end of August, just five days before Hurricane Irene hit. It was with a telemarketing position with a company that teaches people how to trade in the stock market. However, it sounded like a high-pressured sales position. They wanted you to talk these people into coming in. Again I withdrew from consideration. I checked this company out online and a lot of people got ripped off by this place. I'm glad I made the right decision.

33 months ago

Continued

Two weeks ago (on Tuesday, January 17), I interviewed for a part-time telephone interviewing/recruiting position that I found on Craigslist. I was hired the next day, and I went for training last Monday (January 23). Unfortunately, the job didn't work out. The qualifying questions and call tracking sheets were all on paper. I also had to retrieve quota sheets to see how many people in which category needed to be recruited. It was just too much for me to handle. The phone numbers and the quota sheets were all on the system. I felt as though I was doing the job of two to three different people. It was just too time-consuming and not what I had expected it to be. I thought that everything would be on the system to make it much easier, but it wasn't. And besides, a lot of their studies were difficult. Therefore, it was best that I got out before it got worse.

I had another one scheduled back in October for a customer service position with a company that sends accountants to seminars in order to keep their credentials up to date. But then I got sick and I had to cancel.

I had no interviews in September, November, and December.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

33 months ago

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania said: Continued

Two weeks ago (on Tuesday, January 17), I interviewed for a part-time telephone interviewing/recruiting position that I found on Craigslist. I was hired the next day, and I went for training last Monday (January 23). Unfortunately, the job didn't work out. The qualifying questions and call tracking sheets were all on paper. I also had to retrieve quota sheets to see how many people in which category needed to be recruited. It was just too much for me to handle. The phone numbers and the quota sheets were all on the system. I felt as though I was doing the job of two to three different people. It was just too time-consuming and not what I had expected it to be. I thought that everything would be on the system to make it much easier, but it wasn't. And besides, a lot of their studies were difficult. Therefore, it was best that I got out before it got worse.

I had another one scheduled back in October for a customer service position with a company that sends accountants to seminars in order to keep their credentials up to date. But then I got sick and I had to cancel.

I had no interviews in September, November, and December.

Good move. If you have to get out, do so within the first 90 days.

I had one temp assignment where 3 of us "shared" one computer.

Dude in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

30 months ago

3 organisations called me in for interviews in 6 months of being jobless after 19 years of work experience. 3 Organisations called back from the 100's of applications i sent out.

in 2 orgnisations, i went through 5 and 4 interviews respectively but was not successful. In the 3rd organisation, i have the 7th interview this evening. Besides the HR manager, i have been/will be interviewed by 6 VP's and Senior VP's on different days, and i hope today's interview will end in a formal offer.

30 months ago

If true, dude, that's downright brutal. I don't think I could subject myself to such a process with all of the uncertainty involved in interviewing. Four, five and seven interviews is getting close to toying with people.

I think I've had five interviews in the last six months, plus a second interview at one of those places. Most of that activity was in the first three months of the six-month period. I've only had one in the last six weeks or so. Once the calendar turned over it made it appear that I've been unemployed for a year longer than I actually have. Things have really slowed down to nothing for me as far as calls back and interviews in the last two months. :(

GD in Valley Springs, California

29 months ago

I've applied to 300 jobs throughout Northern CA. I've had five job interviews. I'm still searching. This market is absolutely ridiculous.

MiredInLA in Los Angeles, California

29 months ago

Ridiculous, I agree. Since last October, I've been interviewed a whopping 7 times.

29 months ago

I've had 2 whole interviews this year and one was only a phone interview.

Trisha Peterson in Stockton, California

29 months ago

I have been on 4 interviews in 3 weeks. I am waiting on two call backs. One one was hopeful last week with it being said that I will have a offer given to me when the person decides to give their notice. Fingers crossed it will be soon.

Jeane in Chicago, Illinois

29 months ago

Trisha Peterson in Stockton, California said: I have been on 4 interviews in 3 weeks. I am waiting on two call backs. One one was hopeful last week with it being said that I will have a offer given to me when the person decides to give their notice. Fingers crossed it will be soon.

I hope that you are still looking and applying for other jobs. What they say is one thing, and when you do have the offer is another.

29 months ago

What do you mean by what they say in the offer is another?

Nick in Somerville, Massachusetts

29 months ago

She said "when you do have an offer." Which means that until they're telling you when you start and how much you make, you keep looking for other opportunities no matter what they say about getting back to you in a few days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

What do you mean by what they say in the offer is another?

29 months ago

Of course, thank you! I just try to stay positive in this race for employment. I am still looking vigorously everyday.

29 months ago

Okay, I've had no interviews or even calls back in the last two months. The phone has stopped ringing.

Meanwhile, over the same time period, I've probably received about eight robo calls, six spam texts and maybe five spam emails that I am sure have been generated as a result of sending out resumes to who knows where.

Nice.

Brooklyn Babe in Brooklyn, New York

29 months ago

Just by having your resume on the job boards generates spam. They are looking for "honest" people who will cash checks for them and receive PayPal payments, but they need to know the name and branch location of your bank. If you have a PayPal account you do not need to know where the other person's bank is. You are not sending it to a bank. These spammers are really taking advantage of the unemployed people, who have empty bank accounts, so they are looking in the wrong places, they should try the rich politicians they are the ones with the big $ in their pockets.

Nick in Somerville, Massachusetts

29 months ago

Let's see, this is May? So I've had two phone interviews. One strung me along for a solid month and a half, promising that they were still making decisions and still needed to interview other candidates, and it finally ended with a form no thank you email. The other is the job I have now, which I'm quite sure hires anyone who doesn't tell them to bugger off. =D

Unemployed in Alexandria, Virginia

29 months ago

I'm glad to hear some people are in the same boat as me. I've had 2 interviews since February of 2011. I didn't become unemployed till June 2011 but I found out earlier that I was losing my job.

discouraged in San Antonio, TX in San Antonio, Texas

25 months ago

Brooklyn Boys in Brooklyn, New York said: I just took a toll at the website unemployed friends, and it is a very cool site with a lot of advise and polls. I just took a poll that had asking how many interviews have you gone on in the last 6 months, and have answered in the 1-10 range it provided. I thought that I was running a little below average compared with others and it also showed the results of everyone who took this poll and 91% of the people said 1-10 interivews. Only 1 person was lucky enough to have 50-60 or maybe that person was thinking of jobs applied to. I sure hope that anyone who applied to over 50 jobs in the last 6 months has a job by now. Take the poll and others at the site to see how you stack up.

I have been unemployed for 3 months and have sent out 200 resumes and have not had one call for an interview. I had my resume critiqued on the monster resume board and was told I have a solid resume and still no calls.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

25 months ago

discouraged in San Antonio, TX in San Antonio, Texas said: I have been unemployed for 3 months and have sent out 200 resumes and have not had one call for an interview. I had my resume critiqued on the monster resume board and was told I have a solid resume and still no calls.

Thousands of other people have solid resumes as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Ellenville, New York

25 months ago

discouraged in San Antonio, TX in San Antonio, Texas said: I have been unemployed for 3 months and have sent out 200 resumes and have not had one call for an interview. I had my resume critiqued on the monster resume board and was told I have a solid resume and still no calls.

3 months! That's it! Your still a virgin!

Joe Gagill in Ellenville, New York

25 months ago

15 months out maybe 125 resumes tops.

Bluetea in Texas

25 months ago

Joe Gagill in Ellenville, New York said: 15 months out maybe 125 resumes tops.

What a slacker you are.

25 months ago

Since March 1, I've had three real interviews, one impromptu interview (I went in to fill out an app), one phone interview and one written test. Five out of the six were in the last six weeks. I'm not getting any of them.

I don't know how many resumes I've sent out in the last six months. Considering I average 1-2 per week, I'd guess 50 tops. So I'm getting a better response rate lately - 10% or so.

The problem is that I imagine upwards of half of my responses (blind ads) are probably fake ads. I find that when I submit to a place that actually gives their name that my chance at a call back is increased, depending on where I saw the ad.

Having seen some of the competition lately, I know I'm in huge trouble because I don't seem to look the part. :(

25 months ago

I think it's three. One was phone interview.

25 months ago

I don't keep track of resumes, but too many.

Investor Guy in San Francisco, California

25 months ago

I had 4 actual in person interviews and 11 offers for interviews. Some requested interviews as much as 5 months after I applied. The economy is bad but I don't know who they expect to sit around waiting for a job that long.

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

25 months ago

guest in San Francisco, California said: The better companies among those not hiring are FREEZING job orders. (finally!). The companies are packing it in until Feb. 2013 because of all the political uncertainity. We have had LOTS of newbie recruiters in the last week that have been laid off due to the lack of production.

Bingo...so your a recruiter. :)

Robert Van in Northridge, California

24 months ago

Lots of useful comments here. I have been unemployed for about a year when you count a brief 3-month employment stint. Here are my stats: 400 applications, 10 interviews, waiting for a potential offer now. Methods that work: 90% of my hits come from Craigslist, 5% from recruiters on job boards, and 0% from answering advertised jobs on job boards (I've never received a reply to one). If I send a custom, well-written cover letter and a tailored resume, I can expect an interview the next day about 10% of the time or better. One interesting thing I did was to showcase my skills in an online portfolio on Wordpress, then send form letter emails to companies inquiring whether they could use my skills. Hit rate for that, about 10%, with occasional interviews and phone calls. Sooner or later I'm going to snag a job. Treat it like fishing and its fun. Get depressed and desperate, and you won't be able to function well, you'll appear desperate, etc. It's nice to know I am not a complete loser, looks like we're all in the midst of depressing low interview rates. Be well everyone. And remember, if you lose all your unemployment, the fun only begins because you then qualify for all sorts of free medical care, food stamps, etc.

Robert Van in Northridge, California

24 months ago

Correction 320 applications, 16 interviews, but some were done remotely or terminated when we mutually agreed the commute distance was too far or something like that. GUYS & GALS, remember this important point, REFRESH YOUR RESUMES by saving a single change to the contents, and they will APPEAR ON TOP of all searches on the job boards by recruiters. Also my hit rate from recruiters is more like 10-15% and it costs me very little work.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.