Phone Interview- What to do next

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Leadershipdriven in Saint Louis, Missouri

16 months ago

I applied for a position about 3 months ago. I received an email for a phone interview a little over 2 weeks ago. I had the interview 1 week later. The interview seemed to have went well. It lasted a little over an hour, and I interviewed with whom I will report too which is actually stationed in another state even though the position is here. She told me that in first person that I would meet with a couple of her colleagues and would proceed to get an offer afterwards when I asked her about the process. Is that normal? People say that usually a hiring manager would use words, e.g., the candidate selected or the chosen, etc. Anyway, I sent a thank you/ follow- up email within 5 minutes of getting off the call. This Friday will be 2 weeks. Should I send another follow-up email to show my continued interest in the position. This is an executive/leadership/director position. I want to remain professional while still showing interest in the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

wordsmithtress in Vail, Arizona

16 months ago

Yes, you should absolutely follow up! Given that your interview lasted an hour, it sounds like you're in a skilled field. If so, hiring generally happens slowly, especially when done by the person who will ultimately supervise you. She has the rest of her job on her plate, and hiring people probably isn't even in her job description. It's just an extra thing she has to fit in!

It's fine to send an email. You can say something vague like, "I have a few things under consideration, and just wanted to check in and see how the hiring process is going."

Hope that helps!
-Wordsmithtress
[URL Advertisement removed by Indeed Moderator]

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

Wordsmithtress, this position is a new position made basically improving patient experiences/interaction within the organization. I have my MBA, but its not a skill set, for instance, lT work. I did send an email last night for her to open up this morning- hopefully she's there. I'm wondering if I should call since I have her direct phone number. She also accepted my invitation on LinkedIn 5 days after the interview (does that count for something?).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wordsmithtress in Vail, Arizona

16 months ago

Since you've already emailed, give her a chance to respond before you call. Otherwise you can call on Friday before the end of the work day.

If it's a new position, it generally means they aren't in a huge hurry to fill a void left by someone else. (i.e. the critical things on her desk and those responsible for getting someone hired are going to get more attention than getting a new employee in).

Hope that helps!
-Wordsmithtress
[URL Advertisement removed by Indeed Moderator]

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

16 months ago

There comes a point where you start to become a pain rather than someone they would like to hire. I think you reached that point. No need to call, they know who you are and have your contact info.

Imagine if everyone they interviewed for every position sent followup emails and made phone calls. They wouldn't get any work done.

Be patient and believe in yourself that they will call.

16 months ago

It's a coincidence/odd I guess that both your user names are in the same format???

16 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: It's a coincidence/odd I guess that both your user names are in the same format???

Something is not right here???

16 months ago

What are you referring to, Joe?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

16 months ago

I think he's referring to the SPAM.

OP, answer is no.

16 months ago

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois said: I think he's referring to the SPAM.

OP, answer is no.

What do you think about the subject?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.