Is it appropriate to ask for an email for a Thank You note?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Marco in Miami, Florida

13 months ago

I just had an interview and I want to send a thank you note, but I wasn't given the contact information of my interviewers, nor did I think to ask about it before I left.

Would it be appropriate to call the store and ask, "I was recently interviewed here, and would like to send thank you notes to my interviewers, but I did not get their emails. Would it be possible for me to get so-and-so's email address?" or is that just overkill/stalkerish/unnecessary?

Also, in general, if you aren't given the interviewers contact information, is it appropriate to ask for it during the interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sighing in southern, New Jersey

13 months ago

Yes, you can ask. Just add a sentence saying you understand that they may not want to share email for privacy reasons. Or something like that.

Yes you can always ask for contact info. They should not mind that. If they do, they will probably let you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Almost Suicidal in Houston, Texas

13 months ago

I try to alway remember to ask for a business card when I leave an interview. I've asked the secretary before for an email on my way out. Sometimes you can find people on Google, but probably not so much in retail. Good luck with the job, Marco!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.