Interview Aggrivation - Please Help!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

KCC11 in North Carolina

19 months ago

I need some good sound advise. I have been through the ringer with this company yet I am still hopeful I get the Job. Here is goes... Applied online, had a phone screening with company HR. Scheduled to speak with VP, conversation went well but ended after about 30 minutes, she asked for more time and to have a followup call the next day, VP never called next day so I sent email. HR replied sorry and asked me to speak with CMO, after over a week of trying to schedule a time with her we finally connected and the conversation went well. She invited me in to speak with department heads two days later. I went there and it was a bit disorganized. I was supposed to interview with 4 people and I only ended up seeing 2 and the HR recruiter was not very personal. I ended the day speaking with the CMO and she said she wanted me to speak with the other two who I was unable to see that day. The HR rep said she would schedule and reach out to me. I have not hear a thing! I did send a followup a week later and the CMO (come to find out the VP I spoke to left the company) said she would have HR schedule the follow-up... Since then I have sent them both an email and left messages on voicemail asking for the status and it is complete radio silence. How do I proceed? I really want this job!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KCC11 in North Carolina

19 months ago

so aggravating I could not spell it correctly!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cheshire in Mississauga, Ontario

19 months ago

Keep applying, don't wait around for them. You've had your interviews, they know you're interested and will get back to you if they want.

Sorry..I know its not what you want to hear but theres no point sitting around wasting time. Keep applying, you should always have something in the works.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

19 months ago

Cheshire in Mississauga, Ontario said: Keep applying, don't wait around for them. You've had your interviews, they know you're interested and will get back to you if they want.

Sorry..I know its not what you want to hear but theres no point sitting around wasting time. Keep applying, you should always have something in the works.

Now here I agree with you. Regardless of "the story", never wait. Keep applying.

So much of this is a numbers game.

Gradvocates Resumes in Hoboken, New Jersey

19 months ago

We agree with the posters above. When job searching, you have to be 100% self-interested. Keep applying, and don't stop until the fat lady sings (or hires you).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

19 months ago

Typical games. We've all experienced it. Go ahead and continue to pursue it whatever way you can, but do go ahead with your job search elsewhere. It's hard, but you can never assume anything with prospective employers. Nothing a prospective employer says or does means anything unless it's a written or verbal offer of employment.

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

19 months ago

KCC11 in North Carolina said: I really want this job!!!
If they really wanted you, they would waste no time in calling you. You've had multiple interviews, so not remembering you is an excuse. You've followed up too many times. You are getting the runaround, which is not a good sign.

Time to forget this employer and move on.

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

19 months ago

KCC11 in North Carolina said: I really want this job!!!
If they really wanted you, they would waste no time in calling you. You've had multiple interviews, so not remembering you is no excuse. You've followed up too many times. You are getting the runaround, which is not a good sign.

Time to forget this employer and move on. If they call, you can decide if you are still interested.

seeker110 in Massachusetts

19 months ago

They sound inconsiderate and disorganized. Do you want to work with inconsiderate and disorganized people?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.