How do you respond when told application put on hold?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

g1rl in Honolulu, Hawaii

19 months ago

A week ago, I had an interview with the HR. It went pretty well that I was suppose to meet with the department manager next but she was unavailable. I was told to expect a call for a reschedule for my 2nd interview. A week had past and I didn't get a call. I sent a follow-up email today and was told that interviews are put on hold for this position because the department is very busy. And that once things start to settle down, I'd hear from them again about the status of the position.

How do I reply to this email? And, do you think there's a chance that they'd call back again?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

19 months ago

g1rl in Honolulu, Hawaii said: A week ago, I had an interview with the HR. It went pretty well that I was suppose to meet with the department manager next but she was unavailable. I was told to expect a call for a reschedule for my 2nd interview. A week had past and I didn't get a call. I sent a follow-up email today and was told that interviews are put on hold for this position because the department is very busy. And that once things start to settle down, I'd hear from them again about the status of the position.

How do I reply to this email? And, do you think there's a chance that they'd call back again?

You have done all you can. Keep looking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marloo in La La Land

19 months ago

I've heard the "on hold" routine before. It never ended well, Blue is right, keep looking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

DM in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

19 months ago

g1rl in Honolulu, Hawaii said: A week ago, I had an interview with the HR . It went pretty well that I was suppose to meet with the department manager next but she was unavailable. I was told to expect a call for a reschedule for my 2nd interview. A week had past and I didn't get a call. I sent a follow-up email today and was told that interviews are put on hold for this position because the department is very busy. And that once things start to settle down, I'd hear from them again about the status of the position.

The same sort of thing has happened to me twice in the past year or so. One of those times, though, after completing a grueling interview process, I was told that the position had been put on hold but that they would contact me when the position became available again. About 9 months later they called and made me an offer for the position. I did, however, periodically email the hiring manager to check on the status of the position and to let them know that I was still interested. Don't give up hope completely. If it's a job that you'd really like to have, keep in touch with them. You never know when that call will come.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

19 months ago

DM in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: The same sort of thing has happened to me twice in the past year or so. One of those times, though, after completing a grueling interview process, I was told that the position had been put on hold but that they would contact me when the position became available again. About 9 months later they called and made me an offer for the position. I did, however, periodically email the hiring manager to check on the status of the position and to let them know that I was still interested. Don't give up hope completely. If it's a job that you'd really like to have, keep in touch with them. You never know when that call will come.

9 months later? Oh please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Thecareerking.com in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

19 months ago

DM in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: The same sort of thing has happened to me twice in the past year or so. One of those times, though, after completing a grueling interview process, I was told that the position had been put on hold but that they would contact me when the position became available again. About 9 months later they called and made me an offer for the position. I did, however, periodically email the hiring manager to check on the status of the position and to let them know that I was still interested. Don't give up hope completely. If it's a job that you'd really like to have, keep in touch with them. You never know when that call will come.

What a great response. And story. This happens all the time. Especially with companies and roles that are busy. they need you yesterday but can't see you til next month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in Wesley Chapel, Florida

19 months ago

Thecareerking.com in Dubai, United Arab Emirates said: do you every say anything nice? get off this site, you don't help

You can't blame some people for being negative. Sometimes it's hard not to be, considering just how tough this economy is. I've had my bouts of anger....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

19 months ago

Thecareerking.com in Dubai, United Arab Emirates said: do you every say anything nice? get off this site, you don't help

And you do? By the way, how is the click through rate careerking.com? LOL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

19 months ago

g1rl in Honolulu, Hawaii said: 9 months is pretty long! I cannot believe a position to be on hold for that long.
It is not. Move on. Keep looking.

Good luck with your job search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

KCM in Ahmedabad, India

16 months ago

Hi.
I was recently interview by Indian telecom company. After 2 rounds of interview I did not receive any reply from HR for 1 week even though I tried to get in touch with HR deptt. Then ultimately I asked one of my internal source to ask HR about my application status. The HR told my friend that my application status has been put on hold. HR said that my feedback was not negative still they have put it on hold. The second round of interview was by Head of products. That guy has resigned. my friend said that may be that is the reason that my offer has been put on hold. No timeframe has been given by the HR.What should I do in this situation? Should I consider it as no or can I use my references to push things further. Currently I am unemployed. Can the company secretary of the company help me in this situation to push things further?

Thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.