Resume Distribution Companies

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 84)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

stillinlimbo in Weare, New Hampshire

84 months ago

nikki in Austin, Texas said: i used resumezapper and it stated that it sent it to 500 people. that was a week or more ago and i have not heard a word. I paid 50.00 for that. so I think it was a waste.

Thanks for the heads-up. I have been considering doing that (resume zapper), now I won't. It stinks that they advertise it on job sites and prey on people who are desperately looking for a job. I think you have to be wary of anything on-line nowadays.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

C.J. in Dallas, Texas

83 months ago

For those of you who have heard nothing from your resume distribution attempts, consider that the resumes do not necessarily go to companies that are looking to hire in your field (if they are hiring at all). Also, there is also a chance that your resume is the problem and not the service. Don't shoot the messenger. Just make sure your resume is error free. One mistake can land your resume in the trash can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Job Search Dolphin in Tampa, Florida

83 months ago

Guide

I've been on the hiring side of things. Quite a number of people sent resumes to us that we would NEVER have a need for. We didn't throw those resumes out or shred them; however, we filed them in that "well, one never knows" file.

I'd say your time is better spent contacting companies directly and then sending resumes directly to those who may hire for the kind of positions you qualify for/have interest in.

My guess is that most of the "resume blasters" go with set lists of where they send resumes.
And it has nothing to do with what companies may need. Those companies are ONLY looking for what they need or may need NOW, or in the VERY near future.

Suggestion: save your money and find out where the jobs REALLY are. Excellent source is to buy a copy of the "Book of Lists" from your metro area's Business Journal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado

83 months ago

I have seen large scale credential distributions work (10,000 employers and 1000 recruiters) and work well. That is usually overkill, but that's the point, to achieve saturation of the potential market.

If you do go the distribution route, a reputable firm will let you see the identified targets before they go out. Then you can be relatively sure that they picked good targets.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alan123 in New York, New York

83 months ago

I used ResumeRabbit.com and loved it. It was totally worth the $60 bucks. They instantly posted my resume to 76 job sites. Doing it myself would have taken forever. I received lots of inquiries from recruiters and companies. But I have to admit, there is a fair demand for someone with my degree and experience in the area I live. The job I took resulted from my resume posted on a small job site I didn't even know existed. But here's the thing. I don't think its reasonable to expect spend $50 bucks on resume distribution and EXPECT to get a job, or even responses. You should expect that they distribute your resume where they say they will. They don't control the economy, the demand for someone with your skills, etc. They didn't write your resume or select your salary requirements, so how can they be responsible if you get contacted. A job search includes a ton of things you should do. Sending your resume to job boards or recruiters is one. And there's definitely a chance that someone will find you on a job board or a recruiter will have a client looking to hire someone with your skills (today or in the future). ResumeRabbit.com saved me a bunch of time. While I got lucky, even if I didn't get contacted, at least I didn't spend a week posting my resume to 70+ sites or wonder what would have happened if I did. The same goes for sending your resume to recruiters. They may need someone with your skills, they may not. They may put you in their database and need someone like you in 6 months, and find you there. These services don't change the job market. But they increase your chances of being in the right place at the right time. That's worth $50 bucks or so to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado

83 months ago

I think that is well-put and a great explanation. No one way of contacting emplployers guarantees anything. Job boards, recruiters, you never know what will provide the right venue.

But I think on a purely cost-benefit basis, if you consider how long it would have taken to post to 70 sites (assuming you knew that they existed) would probably have taken almost 12 hours, at a rate of ten minutes each. So $60 works out to $5/hour and you can't even get a kid to cut your grass for that.

And if you get something from it, that much the better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado

83 months ago

I'm not surprised. Unfortunately, the WHOIS indicates they are probably a phishing/spam company from Dubai. But I will put them on my list at www.career-hunter.info:

Domain Name.......... xpandedcareers.com
Creation Date........ 2007-07-26
Registration Date.... 2007-07-26
Expiry Date.......... 2008-07-26
Organisation Name.... Benjamin Hurley
Organisation Address. 106 - Dubai Media City 1
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Dubai
Organisation Address. 500661
Organisation Address. Dubai
Organisation Address. UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

Admin Name........... Benjamin Hurley
Admin Address........ 106 - Dubai Media City 1
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Dubai
Admin Address........ 500661
Admin Address........ Dubai
Admin Address........ UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Admin Email.......... benjamin@xpandedmedia.com
Admin Phone.......... 00971503498109
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ Le Groupe iWEB Technologies inc
Tech Address......... 3185 Hochelaga
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Montreal
Tech Address......... H1W 1G4
Tech Address......... QC
Tech Address......... CANADA
Tech Email........... reservation@iweb.ca
Tech Phone........... +1.5142864242
Tech Fax............. +1.5142861292
Name Server.......... my.privatedns.com
Name Server.......... your.privatedns.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

C.J. in Dallas, Texas

83 months ago

I will never figure out why some people have to be so unpleasant.

~C.J.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

John Dickson in Irwin, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

Looking to hear for anyone who has delt with or knows of specific complaints with ITS executive job placement system or Bob Gerberg.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Scott Meyer in Fort Worth, Texas

82 months ago

John Dickson in Irwin, Pennsylvania said: Looking to hear for anyone who has delt with or knows of specific complaints with ITS executive job placement system or Bob Gerberg.
Thanks

Have you heard anything from anyone? I've just been approached by ITS and I'm trying top determine their caliber, ethics, etc. Please advise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Benjamin in Indio, California

82 months ago

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado said: I'm not surprised. Unfortunately, the WHOIS indicates they are probably a phishing/spam company from Dubai. But I will put them on my list at www.career-hunter.info:

Domain Name.......... xpandedcareers.com
Creation Date........ 2007-07-26
Registration Date.... 2007-07-26
Expiry Date.......... 2008-07-26
Organisation Name.... Benjamin Hurley
Organisation Address. 106 - Dubai Media City 1
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Dubai
Organisation Address. 500661
Organisation Address. Dubai
Organisation Address. UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

Admin Name........... Benjamin Hurley
Admin Address........ 106 - Dubai Media City 1
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Dubai
Admin Address........ 500661
Admin Address........ Dubai
Admin Address........ UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Admin Email.......... benjamin@xpandedmedia.com
Admin Phone.......... 00971503498109
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ Le Groupe iWEB Technologies inc
Tech Address......... 3185 Hochelaga
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Montreal
Tech Address......... H1W 1G4
Tech Address......... QC
Tech Address......... CANADA
Tech Email........... reservation@iweb.ca
Tech Phone........... +1.5142864242
Tech Fax............. +1.5142861292
Name Server.......... my.privatedns.com
Name Server.......... your.privatedns.com

they are legit....100%......owned and operated by these guys www.xpandedmedia.com , the domain was registered in Dubai Media City, the office is next door to CNN...nothing phishy going on here...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado

82 months ago

Guide

Benjamin in Indio, California said: they are legit....100%......owned and operated by these guys www.xpandedmedia.com , the domain was registered in Dubai Media City, the office is next door to CNN...nothing phishy going on here...

OK, good I will take them off my list. But why is a US resume distribution form HQ'd in Duabai?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Benjamin in Indio, California

82 months ago

I think alot of media companies operate there, tax reasons, this place Media City www.dubaimediacity.com/ offers tax free business benefits, seems to be a lot of Media companies there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BigT in Mannford, Oklahoma

82 months ago

Your are much better off choosing a few of the top job board providers such as Monster, Hot Jobs, Dice, Career builder, opening a free account and posting your resume there. All major companies and recruiters use these boards as their primary choice to find good people.

It is very important to go into each of those boards and update your resume once or twice a week. This is a method that really works. Many companies will only look for resumes less than one week old, updating them or refreshing them keeps your resume active and getting in front of those who are hiring. Have both a TXT version and a WORD version of your resume ready for uploading or pasting. Then re-post it at least once a week, (I usually do this on Sunday nights).

Paying someone to place your resume on 70 job boards will do you good for a week or so, then your going to be skipped over because it has not been kept fresh. Save your money, most of these so called scams are just that, they will get your money and "See Ya Later"

The big job boards give you stats on how many people have viewed your resume, if you see low numbers viewing it, you may want to re-write it with more emphasis on key words that trigger the software the hiring companies use to find the right person. Remember keep refreshing it !!

Your resume is the key, it needs to be written with the employer in mind, What do you have that they need, and how well are you showing that right up front. What do you have in the first 10 sentences that will catch their eye. If there is not a WOW right up front, then chances of them reading further are pretty slim. Good Luck everyone, and keep your confidence up, you'll find that right job... Food for thought...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Career Hunter in Chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

Guide

BigT in Mannford, Oklahoma said:

It is very important to go into each of those boards and update your resume once or twice a week. This is a method that really works. Many companies will only look for resumes less than one week old, updating them or refreshing them keeps your resume active and getting in front of those who are hiring. Have both a TXT version and a WORD version of your resume ready for uploading or pasting. Then re-post it at least once a week, (I usually do this on Sunday nights).

Your resume is the key, it needs to be written with the employer in mind, What do you have that they need, and how well are you showing that right up front. What do you have in the first 10 sentences that will catch their eye. If there is not a WOW right up front, then chances of them reading further are pretty slim. Good Luck everyone, and keep your confidence up, you'll find that right job... Food for thought...

That's a really good point. When jobseekers look at lists of jobs, they are usually sorted by most recent date, and it makes sense that employers do the same thing going the other way.

I would add that anyone who posts an open searchable resume on the big boards use a separate email address. My profile on CareerBuilder has earned me about 10 scam emails every day since then. You might even want to setup tracking email addresses such as myname-monster@... and myname-CB@... if you want to see where you are getting the best results.

You may also want to create a junk filter for email from no_reply@careerbuilder.com, job@careerbuilder.com or hiring@careerbuilder.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Gurnee, Illinois

82 months ago

Casey in Bellville, Texas said: O.K.PEOPLE ,,,, I need to hear from you if you have had a bad experience with any company or service that has made promises to you about distribution of your resume . WHO ARE THE CROOKS ? NAME THEM SO NO ONE ELSE WILL BE SCAMMED .
They make some very nice promises , but after you send in the money or after you complain about their lack of service you cannot get them to respond , or even answer their phone .
HELP PUT A STOP TO THEM NOW. WE ARE ALREADY STRAPPED FOR CASH OR WE WOULD NOT BE TAKING THESE MEASURES . DON'T LET THEM KEEP SCREWING US .

I have had an amazing experience. Maybe because I used a targeted resume distribution service. I tried www.PharmaResumeBlaster.com. I have gotten more calls for Pharma, Biotech, Device, and Capital Equiptment. I recommend that one hightly - if you are looking in that market segment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Career Hunter in Chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

Guide

BigT in Mannford, Oklahoma said: Your are much better off choosing a few of the top job board providers such as Monster, Hot Jobs, Dice, Career builder, opening a free account and posting your resume there. All major companies and recruiters use these boards as their primary choice to find good people.
...

craigslist.com is a secret that most people who aren't on the west coast don't know about. It's VERY plain -- almost all text -- no bells and whistles, and was designed in 1995 to replace the local newspaper classifieds. There are NO job agents, NO registrations, the job categories are crude, you can't search by keyword and it's all done by local area, so you can't do national searches. BUT you can post a "postion wanted" ad for free and since employers don't have to pay for advertising (NYC and some larger markets pay $25) there are a lot of new ads daily.

Response is 95% only by email, but I banged out 34 applications in less than an hour yesterday, even with minor edits for job titles. They even provide a private, non-permanent (12 weeks) email address for any situation wanted ads you post.

I put up a full story on www.career-hunter.info as well as lists to the "Top 10 Job Search Engines" as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Todd Gack in Near State College, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

Career Hunter in Chicago, Illinois said: craigslist.com is a secret that most people who aren't on the west coast don't know about. It's VERY plain -- almost all text -- no bells and whistles, and was designed in 1995 to replace the local newspaper classifieds. There are NO job agents, NO registrations, the job categories are crude, you can't search by keyword and it's all done by local area, so you can't do national searches. BUT you can post a "postion wanted" ad for free and since employers don't have to pay for advertising (NYC and some larger markets pay $25) there are a lot of new ads daily.

Response is 95% only by email, but I banged out 34 applications in less than an hour yesterday, even with minor edits for job titles. They even provide a private, non-permanent (12 weeks) email address for any situation wanted ads you post.

I put up a full story on www.career-hunter.info as well as lists to the "Top 10 Job Search Engines" as well.

I need to bookmark your site. Very useful info there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Bothell, Washington

82 months ago

Scott Meyer in Fort Worth, Texas said: Have you heard anything from anyone? I've just been approached by ITS and I'm trying top determine their caliber, ethics, etc. Please advise.

Hi Scott,
Have you heard from anyone regarding ITS - I too am considering their services, trying to find out more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Richard Truitt in Greenwood, Indiana

82 months ago

Brian in Bothell, Washington said: Hi Scott,
Have you heard from anyone regarding ITS - I too am considering their services, trying to find out more.

I have talked with ITS also and have started seeking info about them. Any responses?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado

82 months ago

Guide

Richard Truitt in Greenwood, Indiana said: I have talked with ITS also and have started seeking info about them. Any responses?

We can tell the whole story in:
235 Days, 21 Hours, 20 Minutes, 19 Seconds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Scott D Meyer in Lakeside, Texas

82 months ago

ITS is one of several business names used by companies associated with Bob Gerberg. Google his name and you'll find a company McKenzie Scott in Denver. Then check their BBB roster. Based on another individuals experience, the fee which is thousands of dollars, and the BBB complaints, I've chosen not to pursure their service.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Adonna in Jacksonville, Florida

82 months ago

stillinlimbo in Weare, New Hampshire said: Thanks for the heads-up. I have been considering doing that (resume zapper), now I won't. It stinks that they advertise it on job sites and prey on people who are desperately looking for a job. I think you have to be wary of anything on-line nowadays.

I'm glad I saw this post. I have been thinking about doing that myself. Thanks for the headsup and sorry you got taken.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

KM in Atlanta, Georgia

80 months ago

ITS is a scam. Also beware of McKenzie/Scott, DBP Executive Search, and Management Recruiting, since they are the same company. They have a fantastic sales team that gets you to pay $7,500+++ up to $29,000 for their services. Within 6 weeks you will discover it is all smoke and mirrors - no responses to their resumes, marketing letters, or faxes. And they make you sign an agreement that guarantees 100% refund...BUT only before you accept the documents they write, and WAYYYYYY before you find out their service is non-existent.

Pay a professional resume writer to draft one for you, and use the boards - PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bob Harcourt in Bloomingdale, Illinois

80 months ago

Todd Gack in Near State College, Pennsylvania said: I need to bookmark your site. Very useful info there!

I went to www.career-hunter.info too and he has a good list of scams there, although he hasn't been posting here in a while.

I had him write my resumes and was pretty impressed that you
could get the same thing for only a few hundred bucks instead of the $9500 the ITS guy quoted me. I wish I could have waited, since he is doing resumes for half off this month, but I got a job quickly, and that was the main thing. I also used the free links there which are the same that the marketing companies sell.

The best part was understanding that even one good resume isn't as useful as it used to be. There are different types of resumes and letters needed, so be sure when you go to a professional resume writer that you get at least 4-5 different resumes and a bunch of letters. That way I had them ready to use as needed.

When I was looking for a job, I got at least a dozen emails and a couple snail mails from ITS, ESO, etc., so they are pretty much everywhere. There was a website called bewareits.org, but it's gone. randomconvergence.blogspot.com still has stories from real clients. I would pay more attention to those than the ones who were offended by a salesman and never used their services.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Palmetto CDF in South Carolina

80 months ago

I prefer to know who I'm sending a resume to. If I would consider a company, it is worth my while to customize the resume for them complete with a letter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob Harcourt in Bloomingdale, Illinois

80 months ago

Palmetto CDF in South Carolina said: I prefer to know who I'm sending a resume to. If I would consider a company, it is worth my while to customize the resume for them complete with a letter.

I agree. The cover letter is important and tailors your response to the company and position.

My questions would be, if you are customizing your resume for each company, doesn't that slow down the process considerably? I had to send out over 300 letters to companies I didn't really know that well to find 4 that wanted to interview me. If I had tailored each one to the company, it would have taken even longer.

The second question would be, doesn't a customized resume play to what you think they want, instead of what you know you want? I changed the position title at the top as appropriate, but I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do and what I am good at, so I didn't really have to change what my strengths and accomplishments were. I also had my resume writer give me a "dumbed down" version when I knew that the employer would think I was "over-qualified".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Palmetto CDF in South Carolina

80 months ago

Think of customizing your resume and cover letter as using a rifle instead of a shotgun. Yes you can hit alot with a shotgun, but one pellet might not bring down your prey.
I think that adapting your resume to the job is especially important if you have had more than one type of job. I've had three jobs and depending on the position I'm applying for, I highlight my duties accordingly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lester web in hong kong, Hong Kong

80 months ago

Webfolding is looking for agents. An agent’s task is to encourage companies to avail Webfolding Services (web design, Web hosting, domain name services).
Agents are entitled to a 30% share from the profit that Webfolding has acquired from the companies that the agent has gathered.
For more information and clarification e-mail us: lester@webfolding.com or visit our website at: www.webfolding.com

If you are interested please pass the following requirements at job@webfolding.com

>2x2 recent photo
>Photocopy of a valid passport
>Resume

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lance in Omaha, Nebraska

78 months ago

If you are sales rep looking to get into medical, pharmaceutical, or biotech sales, www.medmarketconnect.com is one of the best resume distribution services I have used. They will send your resume to over 1000 targeted recruiting firms in the healthcare sales arena. My phone wouldn't stop ringing with opportunities that were relevant to my career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Blue in Virgina in Leesburg, Virginia

78 months ago

Thanks for the heads up on the ITS system. I almost took advantage of their offer and was concerned that they are crooks. Thanks all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob Harcourt in Bloomingdale, Illinois

78 months ago

Blue in Virgina in Leesburg, Virginia said: Thanks for the heads up on the ITS system. I almost took advantage of their offer and was concerned that they are crooks. Thanks all.

I think most of the negative opinions were all from people who were prospects but not clients. You should ask actual clients, no?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marty McGillivray in Alameda, California

78 months ago

Bob Harcourt in Bloomingdale, Illinois said: I think most of the negative opinions were all from people who were prospects but not clients. You should ask actual clients, no?

How would you suggest finding actual well-served clients? Are there any of you out there on this board?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ken in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

74 months ago

Marty McGillivray in Alameda, California said: How would you suggest finding actual well-served clients? Are there any of you out there on this board?

I too have been contacted by ITS. I'm very skeptical. What did you find? Are you willing to share? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ken in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

74 months ago

John Dickson in Irwin, Pennsylvania said: Looking to hear for anyone who has delt with or knows of specific complaints with ITS executive job placement system or Bob Gerberg.
Thanks

John -

I too have been contacted by ITS and I'm very skeptical. What did you find? Are you willing to share? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ken in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

74 months ago

Scott Meyer in Fort Worth, Texas said: Have you heard anything from anyone? I've just been approached by ITS and I'm trying top determine their caliber, ethics, etc. Please advise.

Scott -

I too have been contacted by ITS and I'm very skeptical. What did you find? Are you willing to share? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado

74 months ago

Guide

Ken in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina said: Scott -

I too have been contacted by ITS and I'm very skeptical. What did you find? Are you willing to share? Thanks.

You can always ask for references from your sales consultant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Marty McGillivray in Alameda, California

74 months ago

In the end I chose not to proceed with ITS. Based this mostly on the response I got from their resume review. I had a resume that had gone through a job placement person I have been working with plus my wife who is a professional editor. It is a good resume...they wanted to rewrite it to the tune of $700 because it was weak and ineffective. Much of the comment section appeared to be a "cut and paste" from a standardized response. My sense of how things were proceeding is that there were going to be additional charges all along the way although I have no proof of that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bill Thompson in Denver, Colorado

73 months ago

I am a client of ITS and I found their services to be very effective. So I thought I would give them a reference on this board. I shopped all the firms in this field, and they were the only one that actually took the time to explain what they do and don't do. They market their services with videos and books, and its basically a no-pressure approach. Their contract is clear about what they have to offer, and also protects the rights of consumers/clients who buy their services. It took be a little more that 65 days to find a new position. They followed up all the time, and basically found me the lead to my new job, in a way that I would not have. Give them a call if you need help. They certainly won't waste your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jack Swar in Toronto, Ontario

72 months ago

Job Search Dolphin in Tampa, Florida said: I've been on the hiring side of things. Quite a number of people sent resumes to us that we would NEVER have a need for. We didn't throw those resumes out or shred them; however, we filed them in that "well, one never knows" file.

I'd say your time is better spent contacting companies directly and then sending resumes directly to those who may hire for the kind of positions you qualify for/have interest in.

My guess is that most of the "resume blasters" go with set lists of where they send resumes.
And it has nothing to do with what companies may need. Those companies are ONLY looking for what they need or may need NOW, or in the VERY near future.

Suggestion: save your money and find out where the jobs REALLY are. Excellent source is to buy a copy of the "Book of Lists" from your metro area's Business Journal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The suggestion for "Book of lists" is ok. But I think it is a clever HR Guy trying to dissuade us from doing the real thing.
I got my jobs primarily due to resume' distribution.There is one such site by name jobsbyfax.com they are really good.
Ofcourse, recruiters like these would not want us to do such things and make things easier for us(sometimes even subconsciously). Never use a HR Guy's advice unless it is coming from some authentic source like Cynthia Shapiro.Use HR guys only for interviews, leads,etc.
Don
't lose your commonsense, it is the most uncommon thing around!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

baldeagleent in Arkansas

71 months ago

While it might seem like a good thing to get massive exposure to your resume, its typically a waste of time and effort. I agree that it is always good to have a good basic, up-to-date resume on the main boards (Monster, Linkedin, and Careerbuilder). Beyond that, you should specifically control who gets your resume.

Your resume is a marketing tool. You are selling yourself. And since you can only sell yourself once (i.e., only take one job), you're going to want to select the customer that buys. To do that, you'll want to be selective about who sees your resume.

Because your resume is a marketing tool, you can optimize your chances of a "sell" if you focus the resume and cover letter for the audience. Using the key words in the job description will help the hiring manager to see you as a fit. A generic resume, sent out in a blast campaign can't do that.

bestaccountingresume.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sam

71 months ago

When recruiters place you they get paid. Why would you spend money on a service that should be free?
Your dollars should be invested in a great resume. Well written resumes don't require using a distribution service. Well written resumes receive the response from a company you want to work, because they are well written, hitting the desired mark. I have already stated that I contacted sdnconsulting.biz to coach me. It's a great place to start before you end up posting your current resume and getting turned down again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tsmall51 in Austin, Texas

68 months ago

John Dickson in Irwin, Pennsylvania said: Looking to hear for anyone who has delt with or knows of specific complaints with ITS executive job placement system or Bob Gerberg.
Thanks

ITS has many indications of fraud on their website. A few include "Bob Herberg has authored hundreds of books..." - but none of them can be found on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Books in Print. Also, they have a "$30 million job access database." Now a $30 million IT project isn't enormous, but it's big. Especially for a "company" such as ITS who cannot be found in Hoover's, Dun & Bradstreet or by Google. Last, there is no management page on the website - no CEO, no CFO, no nothing. Just a lot of photos of anonymous middle-aged people dressed in suits.

Save your money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado

68 months ago

Guide

tsmall51 in Austin, Texas said: ITS has many indications of fraud on their website. A few include "Bob Herberg has authored hundreds of books..." - but none of them can be found on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Books in Print. Also, they have a "$30 million job access database." Now a $30 million IT project isn't enormous, but it's big. Especially for a "company" such as ITS who cannot be found in Hoover's, Dun & Bradstreet or by Google. Last, there is no management page on the website - no CEO, no CFO, no nothing. Just a lot of photos of anonymous middle-aged people dressed in suits.

Save your money.

OK, first if you want to Google someone, spell their name right. A correctly spelled search (www.google.com/search?q=bob+gerberg&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a) yields 1,890,000 references to Bob's books, at least one of which I used to find a job way back in 1982 (and which is among those on display at their HQ in SW Denver).

Second, you saw pictures of the CEO (Bob Gerberg, Jr. identified as "Bob G" on the website and the CFO (Mike Egan, aka "Mike E"). The rest of the "anonymous middle-aged people dressed in suits" are the directors and vice presidents of the firm, which decided to give them a modicum of privacy by not publishing their full names.

"ITS" is a brand of America's Job Network, Inc. which is listed with D&B, BBB and yields about 3,330 accurate hits when Googled. They currently occupy two floors of the high-rise at 7979 E Tufts.

Like cable TV, people either love ITS/AJN or hate it. Some people have worked there for 30+ years and some leave after a month. I can't say whether it's a good idea to use their services or not, but using bad data to make assumptions and conclusions is a waste of time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

tsmall51 in Austin, Texas

68 months ago

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado said: OK, first if you want to Google someone, spell their name right. A correctly spelled search ( www.google.com/search?q=bob+gerberg&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a ) yields 1,890,000 references to Bob's books, at least one of which I used to find a job way back in 1982 (and which is among those on display at their HQ in SW Denver).

Second, you saw pictures of the CEO (Bob Gerberg, Jr. identified as "Bob G" on the website and the CFO (Mike Egan, aka "Mike E"). The rest of the "anonymous middle-aged people dressed in suits" are the directors and vice presidents of the firm, which decided to give them a modicum of privacy by not publishing their full names.

"ITS" is a brand of America's Job Network, Inc. which is listed with D&B, BBB and yields about 3,330 accurate hits when Googled. They currently occupy two floors of the high-rise at 7979 E Tufts.

Like cable TV, people either love ITS/AJN or hate it. Some people have worked there for 30+ years and some leave after a month. I can't say whether it's a good idea to use their services or not, but using bad data to make assumptions and conclusions is a waste of time.

My apologies for fat-fingering Bob's last name. If you eliminate the duplications such as "book title" and "same book title with CD", Amazon shows 10 books that Bob has written. Not bad, but also not the "hundreds" referenced on the website. And you are correct, "Job America's Network", not "America's Job Network" is listed on Hoover's and D&B, and is listed as having revenues of $3.8 million. It does add some perspective to their claim that they spent $30 million developing their job database.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rich Francken in Melbourne, Australia

68 months ago

stillinlimbo in Weare, New Hampshire said: Thanks for the heads-up. I have been considering doing that (resume zapper), now I won't. It stinks that they advertise it on job sites and prey on people who are desperately looking for a job. I think you have to be wary of anything on-line nowadays.

Hi I read an online article recently that said you should watch for people placing jobs that are false. Perhaps this is the next generation of scamming?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Paul M. in Phoenix, Arizona

66 months ago

Me too. Having been approached, and having listened to the presentation, I'd like to speak to actual clients, wiht actual first hand knowledge of the value of ITS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Paul M. in Phoenix, Arizona

66 months ago

Me too. I've had the presentation, but need to know what experiences clients have had.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tom S. in Austin, Texas

66 months ago

ITS is a scam. The head is Bob Gerberg who, according to the ITS promotional piece has written "hundreds of books" of which Books in Print can find only four. Lots of complaints with the BBB and Ripoff Report. They have a great sales pitch, but there's nothing behind the mirror.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Broomfield, Colorado

66 months ago

It does seem like some resume distribution services are a scam. But how do you know until you have already paid for it? I used resume spider and was happy with the them. They were highly rated on jobgoround.com so I went with them and i believe it will help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.