Listing a work history

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

simplicity in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

64 months ago

I've been with my company since 5/04. In 10/06 I moved out of state, so I had to leave my company. 1/07 I was rehired, and in 6/08 I moved back home so had to leave again. I worked another job for about 3 months, then got rehired a second time in 10/08 and am currently still there.

How would I list this work history the best way? For ease of understanding I could see 5/04 to current as one way, but then I want to show that despite changes in my personal life I stayed with the company.

Also, I worked a third job when I was out of state, but it only lasted about 2 weeks. Am I required to list this employment, or can I leave it out?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

simplicity in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

64 months ago

Thanks, I think I'm going to just list it under one heading, 5/2004 - current.

I haven't been listing that 2 week job on any applications or resumes in the past. Didn't think it was significant enough to put on there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angela R. Loeb in Austin, Texas

64 months ago

I agree - keep it as one continuous employer since they did rehire you a couple of times along the way. You want to do what you can to get screened in rather than screened out, and confusing them or raising red flags before they get to meet you and see how fabulous you are is a sure way to muddy your chances. The minor details can always be discussed in the interview should you find the need to do that. The resume should be truthful, but it's not a legal document.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.