Has anyone paid to have a resume written for them?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 186)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

gatorfanatic in Orange Park, Florida

89 months ago

I thought about having someone write mine but I found this link and decided to do it myself. I do believe it is better to write your own because only you know yourself best:

www.rockportinstitute.com/resumes.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (65) Reply - Report abuse

K.C. in Seattle, Washington

88 months ago

I have posted before that I strongly believe having your resume written (or simply reviewed) by a qualified professional is extremely valuable. I don't say this simply because I offer resume writing services but because my years in HR and recruiting have made it very clear that most people are not objective enough to present themselves in the most favorable way. I really believe that crafting a resume is a completely different skill than "being a great writer."

A good resume writer will not create a document that is their "conception" of you. Anyone worth the money will take an individualized approach; working with you to uncover talents, skills and competencies that you may not even be aware you posses. A professional resume writer will take the time to make certain the resume is an accurate depiction of you and also make certain that the final product is one to which you can speak.

K.C.
www.tandemresumes.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (155) / No (59) Reply - Report abuse

Tandem Resumes in Seattle, Washington

64 months ago

vicque fassinger in Cleveland, Ohio said: ...For a resume, especially today - in these times, you do NOT have the luxury or time to WASTE trying to put an amazing, jaw-dropping, goosebump-inflicting professional profile together yourself, do you? If the first one you "write" doesn't get a response, will you then redesign it and send it back to the SAME potential employer who originally ignored you? How long will you keep doing that (and passing up all those family gatherings) until you decide that hiring a professional to help you is the only choice?[/QUOTE

Extremely well put Vicque!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

HR Uncovered in Seattle, Washington

39 months ago

Bean counter in San Jose, California said: Can't believe one cannot write a decent resume himself, who knows better than yourself of what you actually do in your job? One can also copy-and-paste some of the job description that match yours so that the scanner can pick up the key words/phrases resulting in your resume made the cut for HR to review.

I don't know why the "you have to do it yourself" attitude persists when it comes to writing your resume. It's essentially like saying you should do your own taxes because nobody knows your finances better than you.

For people who are comfortable writing their own resume – and can produce an outstanding one – fantastic. For those whose strengths lie elsewhere, there is no reason not to hire a professional. In fact, I would say that recognizing where you can benefit from others' expertise is a far more valauble skill than being able to write your own resume.

You are correct that one needs to take automated screening systems into account. However, while cutting and pasting pieces of a job description may get your resume through the automated scanning process, but what happens when you resume is in the hands of a human? Is that person going to be engaged and compelled to move based on a resume that parrots their company's job description? Not likely.

Again, if you can create an accomplishment focused resume that clearly highlights your impact, do it. But there is no shame if you need to partner with someone to identify your strengths, uncover your acomplishments and present that info in the best light possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

jenab in Austin, Texas

39 months ago

caela in Cardiff, United Kingdom said: Jenab, do you know if there is anyway we can private message on here? I'm fairly new to this forum, but I'd definitely like to chat with you guys.

JD I would love to make contact, just not sure how to do it! Let me know and I will get in touch!

I don't think there is at this time, at least not that I can see. But I've noticed that some people (like me) have their screen name linking back to a profile, so I'm wondering if that may change in the future.

You might want to go to www.indeed.com/support and make a suggestion under forums and ask for it. If enough people are asking for it they may add that feature.

I know just a couple weeks ago I couldn't see my own comments in one place and made a suggestion and now I can (it may be they were planning on that, but it was great to be able to see that now).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

JD in Yerington, Nevada

39 months ago

caela in Cardiff, United Kingdom said: JD I would love to make contact, just not sure how to do it! Let me know and I will get in touch!

They haven't removed my post to Erik (on page 1) yet; my e-mail is there.

And by the by, for anyone who may be wondering, I'm not trying to spam, and I'm not selling anything - just a guy who wants to help, no strings attached.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jenab in Austin, Texas

39 months ago

JD in Yerington, Nevada said: They haven't removed my post to Erik (on page 1) yet; my e-mail is there.

And by the by, for anyone who may be wondering, I'm not trying to spam, and I'm not selling anything - just a guy who wants to help, no strings attached.

I don't think anyone in this particular discussion is trying to spam; just the opposite. I think several people have been caught up in trying to be helpful. (and that's quite refreshing since some threads have a lot of negativity in them)

Since so many people were including their emails I wanted to make sure everyone was aware in case the comments disappeared. It seems to take a a few days for non-flagged comments to disappear if there are links or email addresses. I don't think Indeed has the no-contact information in forum comments rule just to curb ads, but to protect privacy, as it can be seen by anyone looking at the forums.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

jenab in Austin, Texas

39 months ago

HR Uncovered in Seattle, Washington said: I don't know why the "you have to do it yourself" attitude persists when it comes to writing your resume.

Because no one knows your experience better than you do, and a standard resume is not complex.

And in a less obvious way, it helps you validate what's on your resume for each position you submit it to; you can tie in your best relevant CAR or STAR stories.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Burnt Toast in Champaign, Illinois

39 months ago

I have paid $50 for someone to rewrite my resume. I had been using a resume created 6 years ago, but with updated job titles. The resume service shifted around sections, modified verbs so they sounded more active than passive, and created a transition between sections. I had had friends review my old resume, but it took someone who didn't know me to ask: "but what did you do here" or "how much positive change came out of this". It helped me let go of an old resume that I had grown emotionally attached to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jenab in Austin, Texas

39 months ago

Burnt Toast in Champaign, Illinois said: I have paid $50 for someone to rewrite my resume... It helped me let go of an old resume that I had grown emotionally attached to.

Good points. It took me 6 months to finally get around to overhauling my own resume, and it looks so much better

I keep a master doc of all my experience (and other info useful for applications). It made it easier to let go of certain things in the resume itself, especially knowing if it was relevant I could easily switch it out and not have to recreate it from memory.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

jenab in Austin, Texas said: Because no one knows your experience better than you do, and a standard resume is not complex.

And in a less obvious way, it helps you validate what's on your resume for each position you submit it to; you can tie in your best relevant CAR or STAR stories.

Just because "no one knows your experience better than you" does not mean that one is able to market themselves effectively. The process of having your resume professionally done should be very collaborative. As a professional resume writer and HR consultant, I can assert that a true professional will take his or her time to build a comprehensive understanding of your background and motivations, as well as help you uncover strengths and achievements. They then use the information they have gathered and their expertise in the job search process (automated resume screeners, HRIS, etc.) to present you in the best way possible.

Like I said before, if you are confident that you can create an outstanding resume, that is wonderful. But many people find it very difficult to see themselves objectively and market themselves effectively. That is why it can be extremely smart investment to employ a professional resume writer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

JD in Fernley, Nevada

39 months ago

HR Uncovered, I can certainly see your point; some people aren't comfotable or able to market themselves, andin that case, a "pro from Dover" may be a good idea. If I gave the impression in any of my posts that prfessional resume writers should never be used, I apologize; that was never my point. I just see may people who go instantly to a pro and assume that they're going to make the best resume in the world - which is not always the case. If one is wanting a resume, I believe they should first consider whether they can make a good one on their own first: that's where I believe "know thyself" comes into play, so far as resumes. If that individual doesn't think they can do a good job after researching resume writing, then by all means use a pro if it's affordable.
And you're right in another area as well - if a pro is called upon, it should be a collaboration, not just a "give me your work history and I'll tell you when it's done." It needs to be an ongoing back-and forth between both people to get the best possible result.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

JD in Fernley, Nevada said: HR Uncovered, I can certainly see your point...

Yes. And I have to put an exclamation point behind "do your research!" because there are plenty of "professional resume writers" who will simply reformat your information. There is little value in that. And while affordable is likely important to many, I would caution people from simply evaluating professionals on price.

BTW – I had to Google "A Pro From Dover." Thank you for a new term. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

JD in Fernley, Nevada

39 months ago

HR Uncovered in Seattle, Washington said: Yes. And I have to put an exclamation point behind "do your research!" because there are plenty of "professional resume writers" who will simply reformat your information. There is little value in that.

I agree, to a point - sometimes, all a resume needs is a little reformat to change it from decent to great, especially for electronic submissions. BUT, in my opinion, if that's all a pro is seeing wrong with an existing resume, then they should be upfront and say so, either showing the individual the needed changes or charging a reduced amount or doing it for free.

In any case, with it being a collaboration, the writer should be honest and explain what they're doing and why, whether it's a simple reformat or a complete overhaul.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jacalyn in Mumbai, India

35 months ago

I paid for CV Writing from a company called dubai-forever.com. They specialize in customizing International resumes according to Middle East standards. They delivered quite on time and am happy with the results, since I got the job I was looking for in Dubai, UAE. I received personal attention too, as they are a small firm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Wake Forest, North Carolina

35 months ago

I used beach resume based in nc. I went from no calls for interviews to 5 in two weeks time.

i have used more expensive services in the past, but didnt have the results that i did with rukia. Maybe coincidence, but i dont think so. She's affordable and fast, and did a great job. I am getting interviews (about to go on a second interview!!), and am very happy with her and my results.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Sap in Asbury Park, New Jersey

34 months ago

I used a service and have been very pleased. I'm sure it depends on your background and the writer. There's good resume services and bad ones out there.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Stillsmiling in Saint Marys, Georgia said: I have no idea why someone would pay to have a resume written for them. With all the ones you can find online...FOR FREE!!...where you just put in your information? Very easy to do. If you aren't sure how to use those key words, read someone elses resume that has a job or some from online. They give pretty good examples of what to do. Save your money and do it yourself. Then you will also be very sure of what is on your resume.

well, i did it that way for a year with no results. at least now im getting calls, which is more than i used to be able to say. if i could interview better i might actually get a job :/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

34 months ago

Not only that, by writing your resume yourself you will be sure it will present what you want to present, in your own words. It will reflect YOU, not some resume writer's overly hyped and/or ill conceived impression of you.

I regard resume writing as a first step for interview prep. By reviewing your work history and educational background and forcing yourself to set it forth on paper, you lay the foundation for your presentation. You also lay the foundation for designing answers to common interview questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

34 months ago

I had my resume done years ago. At first I thought the writer emailed me the wrong person's resume.

I didn't know I had those skills!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Spamming resume services violates forum rules.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

KL in London, Kentucky

31 months ago

I have used one before. I paid $32 for a resume. Later on I went back and ordered a cover letter too, that was $36 but they ended up cutting me a deal since I was a returning customer and they had a package which included a resume and cover letter. The guy who wrote it was really nice. I spoke to him on the phone and through email to tell him what I was looking for. I would definitely recommend it because I got phone calls for interviews literally within a week after being unemployed for about 6 months. If I ever decide to leave my current job, I'd order another one. It was more than worth it for $32.

Look up coverletterpros.com that's who I went with. The owner runs a blog too with a lot of good career advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

ToBoeingOrNotToBoeing in Seattle, Washington

31 months ago

gatorfanatic in Orange Park, Florida said: I thought about having someone write mine but I found this link and decided to do it myself. I do believe it is better to write your own because only you know yourself best:

www.rockportinstitute.com/resumes.html

Agree 100% - I probably would never pay anyone. I'm happy to design or help someone, if they need help. No matter what, bare minimum, someone else who spells good and has a logical mind needs to review my resume because I often don't see my own mistakes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Shilling services violates forum rules.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ptkattak in Fredericton, New Brunswick

30 months ago

Dear Friend....I am 45years old ...i changed my profession at the age of 34 years.As far resuem is concern believe me there is nothing as resume in job market....it is all just like draw. if your luck works your resume is picked up and there will be no question in interview about the resuem becase the HR people and the managers know that all resume is written from some books. Secondly if there is sever demand for employees and there is pressure on HR from the top so your luck will work. I spend hunderds of dollars on resume experts and nothing had come out. Once i wrote a letter to company and they call me on phone as one of their employee lift at the neck of time and they have complet the fourm and they hired me.I modified my resuem thousand of time from job to job ...at the last I was thinking to open a buisness of Resume service. So the bottom line is keep on trying and drop your resume every where and keep on trying one day luck will work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Job Hunting in Brooklyn, New York

30 months ago

Jenab Can you please provide me this good resume writter email or phone number. The price look really good!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Job Hunting in Brooklyn, New York

30 months ago

can you plese, give me his number or email?

KL in London, Kentucky said: I have used one before. I paid $32 for a resume. Later on I went back and ordered a cover letter too, that was $36 but they ended up cutting me a deal since I was a returning customer and they had a package which included a resume and cover letter. The guy who wrote it was really nice. I spoke to him on the phone and through email to tell him what I was looking for. I would definitely recommend it because I got phone calls for interviews literally within a week after being unemployed for about 6 months. If I ever decide to leave my current job, I'd order another one. It was more than worth it for $32.

Look up coverletterpros.com that's who I went with. The owner runs a blog too with a lot of good career advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Besides, enough free resume writing is available online, from job centers and even in books found in the good old public library.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Besides, enough free resume writing help is available online, from job centers and even in books found in the good old public library.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

wow -- i know i recommended one on here (the same one as a couple of others on here) but the amount of self promotion on here is insane!

does indeed even delete the ones that are blatantly self promotional?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Former AsstMgr in Oakland, California

30 months ago

This post has become an advertisement for resume writing services. I personally would not use the service just because of the high cost, vulture tactics and probability of failure. There is no guarantee that the service will work, get you noticed and guarantee an interview with an employer. Such services are starting to pop-up in this weak job market, offering desperate job seekers a spotlight on an employer's radar. I'm starting to think I should just come up with a venture providing resume and cover letter services because it seems like all the job websites are offering the service. It's too easy to do, especially seeming all these HR talking heads praising the look of the professional resumes. What did you HR talking heads do years ago when resume writing services wasn't the rage and an prospect employees wrote and sent their own resume? I would suggesting if possible looking into services provided at the career center at universities and/or community colleges. They have one-stop career centers that offer resume writing classes. If, your network included someone in HR, get them to review your resume.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Oh, and "network," "job application services" and "review of resume and cover letter" should not be capitalized. The last thing I'm gonna do is have someone like you who doesn't know basic rules of capitalization review my resume.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Meg in San Jose, California

29 months ago

Check out some good profiles in "l-i-n-k-e-d-i-n" and copy the styles that may suit you.... especially those who already made it to the company or job they applied...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Yeah, whatever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

You see, Melissa, all anyone has to do is view your Indeed profile. Viewing it reveals how patently obvious your shill is and your purpose for posting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

NOYB in Saint Louis, Missouri

29 months ago

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado said: Sorry, babes, but you have posted the same or similar post on several forums. That is spamming.

Why don't you do the right thing and ask Indeed to pull your posts and then ask how to purchase a paid ad for your little scheme?

I agree with UP-your @#$% stinks and no one's buying it. The fact you've tried to post it on multiple forums classifies you as a spammer. Hopefully the mod will delete your posts...

As far as reviews go, all the places I have worked have provided me a copy of my preformance reviews after my review meetings and I have them available for potential employers to review if they are asked for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

NOYB in Saint Louis, Missouri said: As far as reviews go, all the places I have worked have provided me a copy of my preformance reviews after my review meetings and I have them available for potential employers to review if they are asked for.
That is different. If the employer volunteers your reviews or other parts of your employment file, IMO it has waived any privilege. So use them if they are favorable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JobSearcher84 in Atlanta, Georgia

28 months ago

Go to the work force agency in your town. Ask for a specialist. They help you tweak your resume for free.

CF in Los Angeles, California

27 months ago

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado said: A few questions:

* How much did you pay for it? TOO MUCH - I think is was around $300

* What was unique about it? I am still trying to figure out what they felt their service had to offer. After having them rewrite my resume, I had another service review and got the same negative response from my original resume.

* Was it more effective than your old resume? NO - NOT AT ALL. In fact, I got fewer hits on my resume after spending the money to have them redo it.

* Would you do it again?

NO - I actually ended up having it rewritten, so their resume writing service was NOT useful at all in my case. It is best to take the time and research what employers are looking for in a resume, use the 100 most powerful words in a resume and know your market. There are tons of new online options that will provide you with FREE info and resources.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ResumeLady in Metro Atlanta, Georgia

26 months ago

I write résumés professionally and I would like to state that many people who seek my services seem to believe that the résumé is the magic document that will do all the work for them. A résumé is a professional introduction of you to a potential employer. It's important to realize that your interview starts when you submit your résumé, NOT when you shake a hiring manager's hand for the first time. Employers pay attention to how a candidate submits their credentials as well as how (or if) they follow up with the initial contact, and so on. It's a process. One of the best things a candidate can do for his or her job search is to professionally NETWORK with potential employers, with colleagues in the field, and others who might share insight or additional value.

Résumés cannot do the networking and interviewing for you...you have to do that. It's been my experience that candidates who frequently network see more positive responses from their résumés than those individuals who rely on just simply submitting their résumé and waiting for feedback.

Anyone considering a professional résumé writer should realize the purpose and capabilities of the actual document and should not hold the résumé writer accountable for poor results that are due to their own lack of motivation to professionally network and market themselves.

The clients with whom I work are able to get career coaching and advice pertaining to their industry and where they are in the process. If your résumé writer is not making himself or herself available for questions you have about your job search or résumé, you might consider using someone else. A good writer will be genuinely interested in learning about you, your industry, field, and your career goals. Demand great service and ask for references.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

wordsmithtress in Vail, Arizona

26 months ago

I agree that it's best not to pay for something you can get for free. Writing your own resume actually helps you "study" for your interview. There are lots of online tips. Here's the process I suggest:

[URL Advertisement removed by Indeed Moderator]

It's a lot of work the first time around, but worth it thereafter as you end up having a very strong resume that can be tweaked quickly to target each job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

thought i had done this but i guess im losing my mind....

How much did you pay for it? $100 (from beach resume)

What was unique about it? it simplified what i had and really focused it to the jobs i wanted, and looked a lot better to boot. it also still sounded like me. i was worried i was going to get something back that i had to get a dictionary to know what the heck was being said, but i think she did a good job of using my words and phrases and just focusing them a little better

Was it more effective than your old resume? seeing as i got more interviews and a job offer, yes.

Would you do it again? in a heartbeat and ive referred several friends and family to her and all have been happy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Poughkeepsie, New York

25 months ago

Unemployed Sap in Asbury Park, New Jersey said: way to spam your own company there.....

You have always come across as a good person. So, I hope everything is working out. Remember to start building those important contacts for your next job.

Take Care.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Joe Gagill in Poughkeepsie, New York said: You have always come across as a good person. So, I hope everything is working out. Remember to start building those important contacts for your next job.

Take Care.

hey Joe! Everythings going good, im tired but at least its from working and not from looking for a job. noticed several of the old timers have found jobs recently, too. the other thread is so long and hard for me to keep up with now. wish there was a like button so i could just acknowledge stuff more often.

dont think i ever mentioned, my name is joe to- so anytime someone addresses you i have to look to make sure its not me (Even though subconsciously i know its not, since my name isnt on here LOLOL)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Flightless in Charles Town, West Virginia

25 months ago

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado said: A few questions:

* How much did you pay for it?

* What was unique about it?

* Was it more effective than your old resume?

* Would you do it again?

Resumes are DEAD!!! And if they aren't, we should get rid of them! People spend a lot of time creating a quality resume only to have it barely glanced at. Resume = too much work for too little pay off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

25 months ago

HR Uncovered in Seattle, Washington said: While the candidate evaluation process can extend well beyond a resume, the truth is that the resume remains a critical part of that process. You might appreciate this post about why the resume is not dead and why that is a good thing for job seekers (here's a hint, consider the alternatives!): www.tandemresumes.com/no-the-resume-is-still-not-dead/

You can walk into almost any library today and buy a "Killer Resume" book off their discard pile for a buck.

The resume, except for small companies is dying. Many large companies say that in lieu of an application, a resume will not be accepted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

25 months ago

Flightless in Charles Town, West Virginia said: Resumes are DEAD!!! And if they aren't, we should get rid of them! People spend a lot of time creating a quality resume only to have it barely glanced at. Resume = too much work for too little pay off.

Many large companies don't even want them anymore.

Bluetea in Texas

25 months ago

Flightless in Charles Town, West Virginia said: Resumes are DEAD!!! And if they aren't, we should get rid of them! People spend a lot of time creating a quality resume only to have it barely glanced at. Resume = too much work for too little pay off.

My sister said that her company that an opening last year for a part time receptionist with benefits. They received over 1,200 applications.

You don't seriously think anyone is actually reading all that do you? No, they use ATS software to thin out the herd.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: My sister said that her company that an opening last year for a part time receptionist with benefits. They received over 1,200 applications.

You don't seriously think anyone is actually reading all that do you? No, they use ATS software to thin out the herd.

Your are absolutely correct about applicant tracking systems. Most large organizations are employing ATS to deal with the crush of resumes they receive (this is why it is so critical to target your resume toward each specific positon). But those applicant tracking systems need something to scan, and that something is still commonly candidates' resumes. Even in the case where a company does not accept resumes (which is fairly uncommon), the content of your resume can be repurposed for the application process. Then, when you are asked in for an interview, you can bring your actual resume.

All of that is to say that, while the landscape is certainly evolving, the resume still plays a critical role in the job search and hiring process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

25 months ago

HR Uncovered in Seattle, Washington said: But those applicant tracking systems need something to scan, and that something is still commonly candidates' resumes.

All of that is to say that, while the landscape is certainly evolving, the resume still plays a critical role in the job search and hiring process.

You are still using Windows 3.1. The ATS systems of today are not your Momma's old keyword scanner. They are very sophisticated today.

Oracle bought Taleo last year for 1.9 BILLION. This is definitely not your Momma's keyword scanner.

Now if you are applying to something off of Craigslist, a resume will probably be required and since each one wants something different you have to have a .Doc version, A PDF version, a TXT version and who knows what else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.