TERRIBLE Resume Converter

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

RH in Burnaby, British Columbia

12 months ago

Indeed, you have to improve your Resume Converter or at least have the option of having an uploaded resume viewed as it was originally formatted to be.

I've uploaded my resume in every possible format and your converter consistently butchers all the details. Why don't you just have the option of uploading a resume as it appears? Nobody creates a resume via Word 2007 or OpenOffice without formatting it the way they intend for it to appear. Yes, I'm aware I can start again. But again, I would prefer for my resume to look the way it is.

I am sorely disappointed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas

12 months ago

Hi RH, Thank you for your feedback about Indeed Resume. I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty uploading your resume. We're trying to keep Indeed Resumes looking relatively uniform, so that employers can review them quickly and easily. Using uniform formatting also makes it simpler for users to update their Indeed Resumes. When uploading your resume, make sure that the file is text-based. We recommend uploading a file type that is either a Word document (.doc, .docx), a PDF created from a text file (not scanned in as an image) or a plain .txt, .rtf, .html, or .odt file. Also, be sure that your file is no greater than 5 MB in size. If you try this but are still not sure why your resume is not uploading correctly, please send a request for assistance through our contact form (http://www.indeed.com/support) and our Customer Support team will be happy to help you further. Best of luck with your job search! -Indeed Host

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

arron lee in California

9 months ago

Yup indeed, I agree with the host. But I used to convert my resume of other formats(.txt, .rtf, .html, or .odt file.) into PDF files with the help of some PDF conversion tools. ( www.yiigo.com/guides/csharp/how-to-pdf-convert.shtml ) I suggest you guys google some fine tools to help you create your resumes. Remember to chec k its freetrial first if possible. I hope all of you success. Good luck.

Best regards,
Arron

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Abigail Klinton in Orange, California

5 months ago

Hi arron
I have take a look at your pdf converting tool .It seems great for pdf file converting(www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/pdf-convert-raster/).It is crutial for me to own a fine tool.I want to know that if your converter supports to work with windows 8 setup offline?Thanks a lot

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tony Pass in South Bend, Indiana

5 months ago

I spent much time and money on preparing my resume and the converter butchered it.
I have since pulled it. As resume should be as individual as the author. Most firms use search tools anyhow.

Tony Passannante

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

TGPII in Chicago, Illinois

5 months ago

RH in Burnaby, British Columbia said: Indeed, you have to improve your Resume Converter or at least have the option of having an uploaded resume viewed as it was originally formatted to be.

I've uploaded my resume in every possible format and your converter consistently butchers all the details. Why don't you just have the option of uploading a resume as it appears? Nobody creates a resume via Word 2007 or OpenOffice without formatting it the way they intend for it to appear. Yes, I'm aware I can start again. But again, I would prefer for my resume to look the way it is.

I am sorely disappointed.

That is most websites. However if you are to lazy to fix your resume, how you going to be on the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HR in Austin, Texas

4 months ago

I agree with RH. I was going to post my information on Indeed, but the fact that I would have to completely redo my resume (which I've already spent a lot of time perfecting) is baffling. There should be an option of simply uploading my existing resume. Oh well!

pdiconsults in Los Angeles, California

2 months ago

Most companies will use very similar programs to convert your resume and unfortunately, it's really crappy. As much as we want to whine about it, it's not going to change anytime soon because they don't think it's necessary to spend money on something that still works.

So what do you do? As much as you guys don't want to, you'll need to create a resume upload friendly version. You can show off your fancy resume at your interview. Most of the time, they'll prefer to look at the resume you hand them anyways over the one they printed.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.