Getting my CPA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Almost Graduating in Austin, Texas

39 months ago

I'm about to graduate with a bachelors in accounting and will be working. I want to get my CPA at the same time in NY, but I'm not sure which additional classes I need to take before I'll be certified. Has anyone else gotten their CPA with only a bachelors? If so HOW?? Thanks! Happy New Year!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

C1 in Las Vegas, Nevada

39 months ago

From the NY website:

"A bachelor's or higher degree and 150 semester hours in the following content areas, which include but are not limited to at least:

* 33 semester hours in accounting with courses in financial accounting theory and principles (including advanced financial accounting), managerial accounting, U.S. federal tax accounting, auditing and computer auditing;
* 36 semester hours in general business electives including business statistics, commercial law, computer science, economics, and finance and
* The curriculum must also include the study of business/accounting communications, ethics/professional responsibility, and accounting researc."

Almost graduating in Austin, Texas

39 months ago

Thanks for your response. Where can I go to find out if accounting for mineral industry will count?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.