Unemployed accountants?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (42)

Jserra in New Hyde Park, New York

38 months ago

Jeff in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Middle-aged guy here been unemployed almost 3 years now from the accounting world. I have experience however I hold a business administration degree (proud of the degree but now wish I had chosen a concentration).
Have been contemplating a second degree in accounting (or else something called an undergraduate certificate in accounting) but not sure if that's that smartest idea. I really have no interest in an MBA. I can't pursue another field as I don't have other experience and will not get noticed for any interviews.

I think I am rather screwed, but, wanted to find out if anyone else in my situation? Thanks.

To say you are from the accounting world is a very broad statement. What did you do? While a degree in business administration is good, it also is very broad in nature. Are you a CPA? Do you have any experience in taxation?
To answer your question, I have recently been laid off (again). So, yes, there are others in your situation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Los Angeles, California

34 months ago

How long ago did you get your business admin degree? It wouldn't take you much longer to get a ba in accounting if you've already taken all the general ed classes. Have you taken the core accounting classes such as financial accounting, managerial accounting, cost, auditing, intermediate acctng 1 & 2 and advanced accounting? The reason why I ask this is that you only need to classes to get an entry level accounting/auditing job with the federal government. Once you get your foot in the door you can quickly move up. I currently work as a revenue agent with the IRS and many of our new hires (revenue officers and revenue agents) don't have accounting degrees or cpas but have taken these classes which are the main requirement for the postion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

J in Fresno, California

33 months ago

Another frustrated accountant here. I'm nearly 40, got a graduate degree in accounting and found a job with a Big 4 firm, but was let go after my first year for not "marketing myself" or fitting in well enough. I've been unemployed for nearly three years and am probably going to have to undergo a long term separation from my spouse in order to find work in another state.

The IRS hasn't hired new agents/officers since 2010, but I agree they are a good place for non-traditional age career changes to get started. I've been trying to get an RA job since 2008, really wish I had at least applied to them while in school, it was still relatively easy to find a job with them back in 2007.

Instead I went with the Big 4, had a miserable experience, and have a CPA license that has basically become a wall decoration.

There are still opportunities in this field, but timing is everything, and a lot of the opportunities go away once you're out of school. And a lot of the bigger employers don't really want to hire older people [think I was only hired by mine because they had an interest in hiring a large number of people. Once we started it was obvious they did not need most of the people they had hired.]

Older career changers should focus on smaller firms or maybe just go to a community college and try to get started working as an accounting clerk, but jobs are hard to find.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mpdelessio in Poway, California

33 months ago

J in Fresno, California said: Another frustrated accountant here. I'm nearly 40, got a graduate degree in accounting and found a job with a Big 4 firm, but was let go after my first year for not "marketing myself" or fitting in well enough. I've been unemployed for nearly three years and am probably going to have to undergo a long term separation from my spouse in order to find work in another state.

The IRS hasn't hired new agents/officers since 2010, but I agree they are a good place for non-traditional age career changes to get started. I've been trying to get an RA job since 2008, really wish I had at least applied to them while in school, it was still relatively easy to find a job with them back in 2007.

Instead I went with the Big 4, had a miserable experience, and have a CPA license that has basically become a wall decoration.

There are still opportunities in this field, but timing is everything, and a lot of the opportunities go away once you're out of school. And a lot of the bigger employers don't really want to hire older people [think I was only hired by mine because they had an interest in hiring a large number of people. Once we started it was obvious they did not need most of the people they had hired.]

Older career changers should focus on smaller firms or maybe just go to a community college and try to get started working as an accounting clerk, but jobs are hard to find.

Have you considered starting your own business? Best wishes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

mpdelessio in Poway, California

33 months ago

Have any of you considered starting your own business - this may be more fulfilling and rewarding. Best wishes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Rp2010 in Melrose Park, Illinois

31 months ago

Have you considered starting your own business? Best wishes!

Easier said than done.Doing taxes and bookkeeping for 3 months?
It is already overcrowded place and you may barely brake even if you are lucky .New higher standards for tax preparers is a joke .I was expecting it will clear the field but it imposed only registration for 60$ with irs and laughable 1 grade exam from basics of basics.

I(45yo) got my CPA 15 years ago never could get anything because no prior expierence no prior exp because no prior job in field , closed circle.Also inferior school though passed exam first time.

Get a CDL. there are more openinings than candidate not too much hassle with expierence .Very easy and rewarding job .Doing it now. Very happy.stress free. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

irs in Columbia, South Carolina

30 months ago

I recall going to a temporary job for the IRS. It was a horrible experience because I had good experiences as a temporary. I mean that i was hurt when I left good work assignments. The manager or supervisor did not like me, and she let it be known so I had to leave. She implemented policies that temporaries where not potential new hires but people that the IRS did not like in a lot of situations?????
She was direct and confrontational.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

irs in Columbia, South Carolina

30 months ago

mpdelessio in Poway, California said: Have you considered starting your own business ? Best wishes!

Are you serious? Are you speaking on folk that people have identified that such would happen to them? Who are they? How can you define them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bean counter in San Jose, California

30 months ago

"...........maybe just go to a community college and try to get started working as an accounting clerk...."

Absolutely not! There're very few accounting clerk positions exist due to automation, outsourcing and the few left are taken by folks with degree. Just look up any job boards and count the number of ad, it's real bad.

I worked for a number of large corporations, there's no accounting dept here in US because they either outsourced the functions or moved the acctg dept to their Asian subsidiaries. I saw big layoffs affecting all levels: controllers, accounting managers, accountants and clerks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mpdelessio@juno.com in Poway, California

30 months ago

It's challenging enough to take a temp position filled with personal hope and decent expectations. Then, to be treated badly as if you were a space creature. I hope that you feel good about your decision to leave. It certainly looks like you had the right reasons to move forward toward a healthier work situation. Staying positive and making important positive proactive choices is healthy and control of your own future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alice105 in New York, New York

30 months ago

Hi, I was thinking of becoming an accountant since I live in nyc, any good schools to choose from? & what is it like working as an accountant?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

J in Fresno, California

30 months ago

Experiences vary depending on the area, smaller companies still hire accounting clerks/bookkeepers, although these days they can require years of experience and get it.

People with more than a 2 year degree may also be rejected as "overqualified" though, and sometimes even when they are hired they're expected to do the work of a staff accountant on a bookkeeper/clerk's salary which isn't fun either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

misse777 in California

24 months ago

J in Fresno, California said: Another frustrated accountant here. I'm nearly 40, got a graduate degree in accounting and found a job with a Big 4 firm, but was let go after my first year for not "marketing myself" or fitting in well enough. I've been unemployed for nearly three years and am probably going to have to undergo a long term separation from my spouse in order to find work in another state.

The IRS hasn't hired new agents/officers since 2010, but I agree they are a good place for non-traditional age career changes to get started. I've been trying to get an RA job since 2008, really wish I had at least applied to them while in school, it was still relatively easy to find a job with them back in 2007.

Instead I went with the Big 4, had a miserable experience, and have a CPA license that has basically become a wall decoration.

There are still opportunities in this field, but timing is everything, and a lot of the opportunities go away once you're out of school. And a lot of the bigger employers don't really want to hire older people [think I was only hired by mine because they had an interest in hiring a large number of people. Once we started it was obvious they did not need most of the people they had hired.]

Older career changers should focus on smaller firms or maybe just go to a community college and try to get started working as an accounting clerk , but jobs are hard to find.

Just curious, is an RA, a type of firm? I appreciate how you shared your background experience in an informative way. Do you have any takes on working for non-profit organizations and if it's difficult to be hired as an accountant since a CPA may not be truly needed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eric12 in Indianapolis, Indiana

24 months ago

Former Revenue Agent here. I suggest not applying to the Revenue Agent/Revenue Officer positions unless your a people person or are very competitive. They will give you good training to do the technical work but as a representative of the federal government you need to be very tenacious with taxpayers/representatives. If your looking for a more slower pace than a traditional accountant role look further. In all fairness to role, everyday is not a high energy, eventful day. But, the work is continuous and repetitious. You'll be judged on the quality of your examinations and closing speed. Those that are quick thinkers, analytical by nature and not by training make the best agents.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alice105 in New York, New York

24 months ago

Do all accountants work extremely long hours on the regular basis? Are there any positions that don't require that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York

23 months ago

Alice105 in New York, New York said: Hi, I was thinking of becoming an accountant since I live in nyc, any good schools to choose from? & what is it like working as an accountant?

Queens college seems to be a good college. I wouldn't go to brooklyn college for accounting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alice105 in New York, New York

23 months ago

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York said: Queens college seems to be a good college. I wouldn't go to brooklyn college for accounting.

Thanks for that info, is bookkeeping also long hours like accounting?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cynthia13 in Concord, New Hampshire

23 months ago

It has been "10 months" since I got my BA in Accounting! During these 10 months I have applied to numerous Accounting positions! I only received 2 Interviews!Before I went for my BA I researched salaries in the area and found them to be decent! Now, I have noticed a decrease in salaries and companies are only hiring Accountants with at least 2 years experience or more! I'am currently paying back a student loan that I will be paying on until retirement age! How can I find a Accounting job with a decent salary with no experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jake in Sycamore, Illinois

23 months ago

Cynthia13 in Concord, New Hampshire said: It has been "10 months" since I got my BA in Accounting! During these 10 months I have applied to numerous Accounting positions! I only received 2 Interviews!Before I went for my BA I researched salaries in the area and found them to be decent! Now, I have noticed a decrease in salaries and companies are only hiring Accountants with at least 2 years experience or more! I'am currently paying back a student loan that I will be paying on until retirement age! How can I find a Accounting job with a decent salary with no experience?

Did you complete an internship while completing your undergrad? Even if you were not retained full-time from them, you should give them a call and see if they know of anyone looking to hire someone with a direct recommendation.

During school, were you a member of Beta Alpha Psi (that's an accounting honors fraternity)? We did a lot of volunteer/fundraising stuff, working in soup kitchens, etc, and during that time I made a number of connections in the community, one of which pointed me in the direction of my first job out of college.

A lot of colleges have people on staff called "Executives-in-residence", who are pros from industry who work part time with the university helping students figure out the job market and with interview coaching. You're still relatively fresh out of school, so you still might have access to campus services like this.

Hang in there. I graduated with my BBA in accounting 3-1/2 years ago, did well academically and jumped through all the hoops, and I've been unemployed for 6 months. It's still really nasty out there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eric12 in Indianapolis, Indiana

23 months ago

Hang in there people. 9.5 years after obtaining my BS and 3.5 years after obtaining my MS I got my first ever interview for a Accountant position in November. Granted it was just an interview, but better late than never. I know, I may look stupid for not giving up and trying something different but I invested too much time and effort (3.50 GPA) into letting haters take my life from me. I decided long ago, either Accountant or bust. Good luck to everyone fighting for their lives.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

accruals in Columbus, Ohio

20 months ago

well as a minority/middle aged accounting professional --cpa/mba multi-disicplined accountant in Columbus, OH I have come to conclude that:
1. one of the biggest obstacles in the accounting placement process is--non accounting professionals that serve as the gatekeepers for the profession. Why an accounting/financial services firm allows non accounting types to make that decision for them just boggles my mind.
2. As long as firms creat the impression that the best job is the one they have, versus the one that is out there well they keep people captive
3. Smart, educated, confident and knowledgeable people are going to have a hard time getting a position, I tend to see the less confidence, the least of initiative and less knowledgeable you are ----the easier it is to hire you.

at this point I sometimes wonder why even bother to play the game,,,,,,it just seems that the more I play the more frustrated I get witht he process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Howtostopbeingajoke in Lithonia, Georgia

20 months ago

What can I do to find people who need or want my services and can pay for it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York

18 months ago

Jserra in New Hyde Park, New York said: To say you are from the accounting world is a very broad statement. What did you do? While a degree in business administration is good, it also is very broad in nature. Are you a CPA ? Do you have any experience in taxation?
To answer your question, I have recently been laid off (again). So, yes, there are others in your situation.

Your an accountant?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

VanessaFas in East Haven, Connecticut

18 months ago

Have you considered teaching? With your background, you might be able to become certified as a math or business teacher on the high school level. Check your state's website for certification requirements.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

james_su in Chicago

18 months ago

Go to another country. That what I did. I got a job in a week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jaws1275 in Columbus, Ohio

18 months ago

To make this short. I am a recruiter looking for an accounts need to be an and
Auditor in Columbus Ohio. If you are willing to relocate. The pay is great and the work
Is not high pace. If you are interested or know someone who is and lives in Ohio or willing to relocate. My contact info is below. Contact me through email and leave contact information where you can be reached. Only looking for serious candidates.

jaws1275@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

hell0 in Grosse Pointe, Michigan

17 months ago

I am CPA with 8 years of corporate experience/audit/tax and will be unemployed soon due to jobs moving offshore. The accounting profession is not was what it was. Too many accountants with many accounting jobs moving offshore. No one will hire me. The CPA license is useless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cash Method in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey

16 months ago

accruals in Columbus, Ohio said: well as a minority/middle aged accounting professional -- cpa /mba multi-disicplined accountant in Columbus, OH I have come to conclude that:
1. one of the biggest obstacles in the accounting placement process is--non accounting professionals that serve as the gatekeepers for the profession. Why an accounting/ financial services firm allows non accounting types to make that decision for them just boggles my mind.
2. As long as firms creat the impression that the best job is the one they have, versus the one that is out there well they keep people captive
3. Smart, educated, confident and knowledgeable people are going to have a hard time getting a position, I tend to see the less confidence, the least of initiative and less knowledgeable you are ----the easier it is to hire you.

at this point I sometimes wonder why even bother to play the game,,,,,,it just seems that the more I play the more frustrated I get witht he process.

You are right. I think the field has been overloaded with a lot of non-accounting majors. The actual accounting majors are the ones hold the top jobs while leaving the non-accounting majors work hopelessly for something to happen in their careers. They would only be told that they do not have the accounting credits or degree to be promoted. I think most folks on top of the accounting foodchain play this game to keep their seats. This creates a vicious cycle that seems to never end until laws are in place that require firms to have accounting professions only in their staff. I have seen accountants in the management and executive level hold management degrees, english degrees, math degree, history degrees. It just puzzles me how they got the job in the first place. Finally, the only person with the accounting degree is the VP or CFO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Accountant'sRevenge in Sherman Oaks, California

15 months ago

james_su in Chicago said: Go to another country. That what I did. I got a job in a week.

What country would you suggest?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Adele in Lutherville Timonium, Maryland

14 months ago

Jeff in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Middle-aged guy here been unemployed almost 3 years now from the accounting world. I have experience however I hold a business administration degree (proud of the degree but now wish I had chosen a concentration).
Have been contemplating a second degree in accounting (or else something called an undergraduate certificate in accounting) but not sure if that's that smartest idea. I really have no interest in an MBA. I can't pursue another field as I don't have other experience and will not get noticed for any interviews.

I think I am rather screwed, but, wanted to find out if anyone else in my situation? Thanks.

Hi. I'm screwed too. Sorry about your situation. I majored in accounting, just got a bachelor's, and still can't find work after 5 months. I'm 51. I'm studying for the CPA but it's really, really hard. Good luck. It's tough out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eric12 in Indianapolis, Indiana

14 months ago

Adele in Lutherville Timonium, Maryland said: Hi. I'm screwed too. Sorry about your situation. I majored in accounting, just got a bachelor's, and still can't find work after 5 months. I'm 51. I'm studying for the CPA but it's really, really hard. Good luck. It's tough out there.

At 51, unless you are disabled things may be pretty tough for you. There are still 22 year old graduates from '12 still trying. Me, I had been sick for the past 8 months and was unemployed 8 months before that. Now, I am having a very hard time getting back in without the assistance of temps or third party recruiters. If there are full-time jobs to be found my resources are can find them either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lmatz in Minneapolis, Minnesota

13 months ago

I completed my Bachelors degree in accounting in 2009. Since then, I have only worked for 4 small companies on a short term contract basis. After completing what they wanted on, the position was ended. There was no chance of being hired full time.
Any suggestion? My major was financial accounting with a minor in investigative accounting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

The Finance Writer in Georgetown, Texas

13 months ago

Even corporate finance departments now want accountants who are CPAs. The only staff accounting positions I find are with local firms headed by CPAs. Most of these entities focus on tax, but also handle general accounting.

You don’t need work history in tax preparation. Local accounting practices will hire people with no tax experience as long as they have some proven skills. You can develop tax expertise by studying for the Enrolled Agent exam. The testing is not difficult with a good study course. Take the one at fastforwardacademy.com/enrolled-agent-exam-prep.htm and you'll have all the knowledge needed for preparing every type of tax return. A small accounting practice will then train you with software and file documentation procedures. You can review sample exam questions for free at this website.

I’ve advised several accounting grads in the past three years to pursue this avenue, including some who thought they would not like tax jobs. They all ended up enjoying the work at a smaller operation where they help people with interesting situations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lydia in Escondido, California

9 months ago

Jeff in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Middle-aged guy here been unemployed almost 3 years now from the accounting world. I have experience however I hold a business administration degree (proud of the degree but now wish I had chosen a concentration).
Have been contemplating a second degree in accounting (or else something called an undergraduate certificate in accounting) but not sure if that's that smartest idea. I really have no interest in an MBA. I can't pursue another field as I don't have other experience and will not get noticed for any interviews.

I think I am rather screwed, but, wanted to find out if anyone else in my situation? Thanks.

I am in your situation, I am a CPA and MBA, it is not your fault.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Globalists have ruined America in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan

9 months ago

accruals in Columbus, Ohio said: well as a minority/middle aged accounting professional -- cpa /mba multi-disicplined accountant in Columbus, OH I have come to conclude that:
1. one of the biggest obstacles in the accounting placement process is--non accounting professionals that serve as the gatekeepers for the profession. Why an accounting/ financial services firm allows non accounting types to make that decision for them just boggles my mind.
2. As long as firms creat the impression that the best job is the one they have, versus the one that is out there well they keep people captive
3. Smart, educated, confident and knowledgeable people are going to have a hard time getting a position, I tend to see the less confidence, the least of initiative and less knowledgeable you are ----the easier it is to hire you.

at this point I sometimes wonder why even bother to play the game,,,,,,it just seems that the more I play the more frustrated I get witht he process.

Walmart would be better than an accounting position paying less than 30K.. You would make some money, but your health care would be cheap or free. If you make 12-14 and hour without benefits in an accounting job, you will be paying a lot for health care-OMG, a lot! Further, it would be so so so less stressful to work at Walmart. I am thinking about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cash Flow in Columbia, Maryland

9 months ago

Jserra in New Hyde Park, New York said: To say you are from the accounting world is a very broad statement. What did you do? While a degree in business administration is good, it also is very broad in nature. Are you a CPA ? Do you have any experience in taxation?
To answer your question, I have recently been laid off (again). So, yes, there are others in your situation.

I do not think accounting jobs are stable or secure at all. The departments that companies think of cutting back during layoffs has always been accounting. It is a great field for entrepreneurs, but not the one that you be expecting to work in for a lifetime. Medical related field such as pharmaceutical is one of the best fields to be in. The previous poster is right. You have a lot of non-accounting majors holding on to the top accounting jobs, those reluctant to hire ppl with a real accounting background. You have top CFOs with real accounting background clueless with the real politics that go on at the lower level. It becomes a vicious cycle that will hit everybody big when more babyboom in the industry start retiring. Everybody will not be trained well enuf to tackles real probs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

d in Rockford, Michigan

4 months ago

Globalists have ruined America in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan said: Walmart would be better than an accounting position paying less than 30K.. You would make some money, but your health care would be cheap or free. If you make 12-14 and hour without benefits in an accounting job, you will be paying a lot for health care-OMG, a lot! Further, it would be so so so less stressful to work at Walmart. I am thinking about it.

I am a CPA Candidate who has passed all four sections of the CPA exam with years of experience in accounting. I have applied to 75+ local firms looking for a starting place. I was contacted by 2. I took a position as a temporary at one of them and hated it. I became ill from concern over having to state I performed analysis for an audit that was not actually done. When I questioned I was told "quite frankly I don't know but it has to be in the file, so the sooner you get it done the better". What the heck.... not my kind of integrity. I quit. I am now trying repeatedly to get another job interview. Some say I should have stuck it out... as it could have been my only opportunity. Sadly enough... I am wondering if they were right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Missiewifie in Brooklyn, New York

4 months ago

Alice105 in New York, New York said: Thanks for that info, is bookkeeping also long hours like accounting?

waste of time. go for the highest degree

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Missiewifie in Brooklyn, New York

4 months ago

Cash Flow in Columbia, Maryland said: I do not think accounting jobs are stable or secure at all. The departments that companies think of cutting back during layoffs has always been accounting. It is a great field for entrepreneurs, but not the one that you be expecting to work in for a lifetime. Medical related field such as pharmaceutical is one of the best fields to be in. The previous poster is right. You have a lot of non-accounting majors holding on to the top accounting jobs, those reluctant to hire ppl with a real accounting background. You have top CFOs with real accounting background clueless with the real politics that go on at the lower level. It becomes a vicious cycle that will hit everybody big when more babyboom in the industry start retiring. Everybody will not be trained well enuf to tackles real probs.

I agree with you, Im so on the fence because my college mostly has those degrees that don't go any where.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ackan in Centereach, New York

3 months ago

Sounds like most of these posters should move out of the midwest, or have stuck with the Accounting program.

I graduated from Queens College with a B.S. in Acc, and found work within a month doing Audit.

Great pay too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

igantsgorn in Danvers, Massachusetts

2 months ago

How can I found a job as a Revenue agent with the IRS in Massachusetts? Do you have same info or any contacts? Thank you!

Inna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bkfinest in Brooklyn, New York

2 months ago

ackan in Centereach, New York said: Sounds like most of these posters should move out of the midwest, or have stuck with the Accounting program.

I graduated from Queens College with a B.S. in Acc, and found work within a month doing Audit .

Great pay too.

corporate job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.