Unemployed accountants?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Jeff in Minneapolis, Minnesota

37 months ago

Middle-aged guy here been unemployed almost 3 years now from the accounting world. I have experience however I hold a business administration degree (proud of the degree but now wish I had chosen a concentration).
Have been contemplating a second degree in accounting (or else something called an undergraduate certificate in accounting) but not sure if that's that smartest idea. I really have no interest in an MBA. I can't pursue another field as I don't have other experience and will not get noticed for any interviews.

I think I am rather screwed, but, wanted to find out if anyone else in my situation? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mary in Tampa, Florida

37 months ago

If you middle aged (as I am at 53) don't waste any more money on education - that you will - and won't be able - to pay back. You will STILL be competing with someone younger than you, who will be a better choice.

I4ITSolutions in Albany, California

33 months ago

If you guys have experience in accounting why not check SAP business software skills ? Since SAP Business Management software require previous business skills and experience.
check our school we even offer FREE classes for unemployed individuals and low income as well as scholarship.
www.i4itsolutions.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.