Junior Accountant Salary

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

BlahBlah in Silver Spring, Maryland

34 months ago

Hey Guys,

Just want to know what the average salary is for a Junior Accountant. I have a BS in Accounting with a little less than a year of experience. From the research I've done I should expect somewhere between 40-50k. Anything less than that is a slap in the face, right? I just received an offer in the low 30s and when I tried to negotiate for a higher salary I was told I shouldn't be expecting much since I am fresh out of college... So yea, I just want to know what the average salary is for a junior accountant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Maparyetal in High Ridge, Missouri

34 months ago

Expect about $9/hr working retail because no one will hire you without 2+ years experience. At least that's how I've seen it; I've applied at dozens of positions since graduating and haven't gotten so much as a call from any of them. If your job market is better than it is here in St. Louis, let me know so I can move.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Blah in Silver Spring, Maryland

34 months ago

I wish i could tell you it's better... but it's not. The economy is really that bad now huh. Sigh. What's more sad is that we will always be behind because we graduated in a recession. Trying to shallow my pride here...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.