Accounting and Financial Analyst Position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Wally in Jackson, Mississippi

28 months ago

Hello ya'll, I'm a middle aged guy going back to college. I have two years of college from many years ago. My schooling is paid for and I must make up my mind on finishing an Accounting degree or a Computer Science degree. Computers are a hobby. I known accounting is very useful.

I'm interested in a job as a financial analyst, but the department head of the school I'll be attending says that accounting is good for only taxes, and auditing. Is this true. I will not major in Finance!

Is there anyone with experience as an analyst out there who could share an opinion.

I would be grateful.

Wally

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rene Breton in Lawrenceville, Georgia

26 months ago

Wally in Jackson, Mississippi said: Hello ya'll, I'm a middle aged guy going back to college . I have two years of college from many years ago. My schooling is paid for and I must make up my mind on finishing an Accounting degree or a Computer Science degree. Computers are a hobby. I known accounting is very useful.

I'm interested in a job as a financial analyst , but the department head of the school I'll be attending says that accounting is good for only taxes, and auditing. Is this true. I will not major in Finance !

Is there anyone with experience as an analyst out there who could share an opinion.

I would be grateful.

Wally

Hi Wally, I'm in the exact same boat that you're in. My wife is an accountant and she does nothing with taxes and her salary is $60K. The financial analyst at her job, however, easily clears six figures. It may depend on latching on with the right company.

What area of computer science are you interested in? I only ask because computers are my hobby, but I think I'd do well as an accountant/analyst because I'm a problem solver at heart.

Good luck with your endeavors and hit me up at renebreton@gmail.com as I'd like to see how your research turns out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.