Masters in Accountancy in the states straight out of university?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

E. in Central District, Hong Kong

30 months ago

I'm in the second year of my finance degree right now. I'm taking courses to hopefully get a minor in accounting and am going for school mandated work experience this summer.

I'm interested in doing an accounting masters back home in the states right after I graduate. I think it'll get my foot in the door (I'll get the knowledge I need for the CPA and a relevant degree).

Reckon this is a good idea?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bean counter in San Jose, California

30 months ago

Strongly suggest you get an accounting degree from an US college and try hard to get in the big 4; if not, a mid-tier cpa firm upon graduation. Since you're a sophomore, you better act now!

30 months ago

Strongly suggest you get an accounting degree from an US college and try hard to get in the big 4; if not, a mid-tier cpa firm upon graduation. Since you're a sophomore, you better act now!

30 months ago

You can always go for your MBA (full-time or part-time when holding a day job as many folks do) after the CPA route, that's what I saw happening over the years. Also, MBA is a dime a dozen nowadays here in US, just so you know.

E. in Central District, Hong Kong

29 months ago

I know the MBA is not worth as much now but I'm using it to get the knowledge I need for the US CPA.

Might be a bit off topic here but would it be tough to get into a mid level B-school for accounting?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.