How did you get your accounting job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

DCA1984 in Madison Heights, Virginia

18 months ago

I have been having a tough time breaking into the accounting field, I was wondering how you became a successful accountant, what kind of job did you have at first, how did you advance, etc?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tatyana in Garfield, New Jersey

12 months ago

yes,im wondering the same,how did u guys start in that field?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ROHIT in India

12 months ago

I am looking job for accountant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kianfar in Sterling, Virginia

12 months ago

Seems like everyone in VA-DC-MD is having a hard time with accounting jobs. It's frustrating seeing on the right corner of this page that in Sterling,Va the salary average for a basic accountant is 71,000 and I sit here send application after application without any response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sanderson in Miami, Florida

9 months ago

Online job ads never resulted in responses for me since I had minimal experience.

I directly contacted companies in Miami, specifically, small CPA and business tax offices. I emailed and called and eventually got some responses from CPA's and owners of those firms. Voila! Got a job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

The Finance Writer in Georgetown, Texas

9 months ago

The job market for accounting is hot mostly for recent grads who are CPA candidates. However, targeting smaller accounting firms has delivered employment for individuals seeking staff accountant jobs without a CPA license. Many of these firms focus on tax, but also handle bookkeeping assignments. They will hire people with no experience as long as they have some proven skills. You can develop tax expertise by studying for the Enrolled Agent exam. They take the course at fastforwardacademy.com/enrolled-agent-exam-prep.htm now and you'll be ready for the upcoming tax season.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.