What do you enjoy most about your activities assistant career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being an activities assistant? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

April in Neptune, New Jersey

86 months ago

The most fulfilling aspect of this career is seeing the impact of your daily interactions with residents. In this position, you provide friendship, care, and love to the people you work with. It is very rewarding to know that you are helping people in some of the hardest stages of their lives.
However, what makes the job rewarding is also what makes the job difficult; when you become emotionally invested in the people around you, it can sometimes be hard to accept the fact that they will die.
The most challenging aspect, for me, has been working in a team environment; I enjoy working as a team, but it's been my experience that not everyone pulls their weight.
Opportunities to learn and advance are usually available.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

christine craig in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about being an activities assistant? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

looking for a job in activite in philly. Chritine craig rcc8700@comcast.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

christine craig in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about being an activities assistant? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

any jobs in philly

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lonegal in Kinsman, Ohio

52 months ago

I have had therapy from a Brain Stem Injury 31yrs. ago and have been through every kind of therapy,would advise me to wait longer to begin a
career as an O.T.A., for my memory to be better? My kids are in college now, husband is working good, now is it my turn?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ruthann Albrecht in Kinsman, Ohio

52 months ago

lonegal in Kinsman, Ohio said: I have had therapy from a Brain Stem Injury 31yrs. ago and have been through every kind of therapy,would advise me to wait longer to begin a
career as an O.T.A., for my memory to be better? My kids are in college now, husband is working good, now is it my turn?

Ruthann Albrecht

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel in New Brunswick, New Jersey

45 months ago

Any Advice on how to become an Activities Assistant in NJ? :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.