Don't want to be adminitative assisted anymore.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Ruthie in Woodstock, Maryland

72 months ago

I hate being administrated assistant. How can I start a new career immediately? I can't afford to take a break from work to go back to school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Minneapolis, Minnesota

72 months ago

Good question. If you find out let me know because I've been unemployed for nearly a year now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lucy in Cary, North Carolina

72 months ago

It is my suggestion that you look for something that does not require writing. Could be why you're having trouble finding a job; if this small blurb is any indication of what your resume looks like or what you produce in a office environment, I'd not respond to your resume either.
Have you considered cleaning homes? Babysitting? Dog walking?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (41) Reply - Report abuse

Sally in Richmond, Virginia

37 months ago

Being an administrative assistant can be very demanding on many levels. It can be degrading at times as well. You should look at your resume and see if you can pull things out of it that would translate to other types of jobs. I think Lucy's comment is not very helpful, and there is a lack of understanding why Ruthie would make the comment. Unless you have walked in those shoes, you shouldn't be so critical.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dana Muoio in Simi Valley, California

37 months ago

Ruthie in Woodstock, Maryland said: I hate being administrated assistant. How can I start a new career immediately? I can't afford to take a break from work to go back to school.

I have been unemployed for 1 year, but I have been interviewing constantly. I recommend that you use the skills you have,ie. Word,Excel,Powerpoint, and see if in your area there are positions in Customer Service,Collections,Medical industry, etc. You probably have the skills needed in many other careers, you just have to determine what you what to do, and go for it! There is lots of training for free or minimim costs, like what Monster is doing now with Word, Excel,etc, so check that out also. Best of Luck to you! They say 76% of the people are unhappy in their positions and then there are the rest of us that are unemployed. Hang in there! Do alot of networking!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.