What to do next

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Peggy J in Mebane, North Carolina

55 months ago

I worked in Quality Control for 27 years. I was laid off and went back to school, earned an AAS in Legal Office Systems and now there is nothing. I thought about starting my own document preparation business or office assistant business, but cannot get any advice on where to start. I have made up and distributed flyers, but what now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

55 months ago

Peggy, you should go read the paralegal/legal assistant forums.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Thanks for the tip.

55 months ago

I was talking about working with the lawyers or attorneys in my state to prepare such documents. Thanks for the heads up. This is the type work I am looking for.

55 months ago

Well, the best way you're going to find that work is to tout yourself to the attorneys. But you need to be realistic. Click on JOBS - search for legal assistant or paraleal jobs - then click on FORUMS. That will give you the forums of the legal assistants. You sound a little green.

55 months ago

I have just earned my degree as a Legal Assistant/Paralegal. Thanks for the advice.

55 months ago

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida said: Well, the best way you're going to find that work is to tout yourself to the attorneys. But you need to be realistic. Click on JOBS - search for legal assistant or paraleal jobs - then click on FORUMS. That will give you the forums of the legal assistants. You sound a little green.

Green I maybe, no, am. I have just earned my degree as a Paralegal/Legal Assistant with my Notary License.

55 months ago

Thank you so much for your suggestion.

55 months ago

Yes, I have an AAS in Office Systems Technology with Legal Options and a separate certificate for Word processing.

55 months ago

Displaced, maybe she will be an exception and will find Eutopia in the job market. Let's hope so.

I sure hope you didn't spend a lot of time and money on education and don't get a job.

When I got my paralegal certificate I had already been a personal injury paralegal for six years (with the title), and a legal assistant (no title, but work) for eight years. I also had just completed by Bachelor's in Business Administration.

For reasons that nobody should have to deal with, I did not find Eutopia.

55 months ago

Correct

55 months ago

Peggy J in Mebane, North Carolina said: Correct

I am sorry to hear about your painful experience. But something will come along for me. Something will work out for you as well, I pray.

55 months ago

Peggy, go out and see what you can find. Come back in two months and tell us.

55 months ago

Well I certainly will do that. As a matter of fact, while we were sitting here chatting, I receive an e-mail from Duke Hospital in Raleigh about three (3) positions they have available and are asking for my resume. Wish me luck.

55 months ago

Hey, I do. Thanks for the tip. I'm going to contact Duke Hospital as soon as I get back.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.