Rejection Letter

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

shoequeen in Plymouth, Minnesota

57 months ago

Went on an interview a few weeks ago, at the end of the interview the man told me that they would let me know either way by the end of the following week. Well after about 2 weeks a rejection letter came in the mail. While we were impressed with your qualifications, we are seeking other candidates who more closly meet the needs of our company. We will keep your resume on file for 1 year should another position opens up that you would qualify for. Is this just a standard BS letter that they send everyone? If that same position or another one opens up in 2010 would they ever call any of the candidates they sent the letter to, or would they just post another ad and get a fresh batch of resumes? In the past whenever I received a rejection letter I never heard back from the company stating that they have another opening. If they tell me at the end of the interview that they will contact me either way do they know at that point that I would be out, but just don't tell me right to me face, and to let me know that they are still going to be interviewing more? I was never told that I was a great candidate and they are considering me, but still have to talk to everyone they wanted to see. Sometimes in the initial interview they know if I would be a possibility or just a plain no way candidate. Any hints if I am way low on the ranks at the end of the interview (non verbal)?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jobseeker also in Mandeville, Louisiana

57 months ago

shoequeen in Plymouth, Minnesota said: Went on an interview a few weeks ago, at the end of the interview the man told me that they would let me know either way by the end of the following week. Well after about 2 weeks a rejection letter came in the mail. While we were impressed with your qualifications, we are seeking other candidates who more closly meet the needs of our company. We will keep your resume on file for 1 year should another position opens up that you would qualify for. Is this just a standard BS letter that they send everyone? If that same position or another one opens up in 2010 would they ever call any of the candidates they sent the letter to, or would they just post another ad and get a fresh batch of resumes? In the past whenever I received a rejection letter I never heard back from the company stating that they have another opening. If they tell me at the end of the interview that they will contact me either way do they know at that point that I would be out, but just don't tell me right to me face, and to let me know that they are still going to be interviewing more? I was never told that I was a great candidate and they are considering me, but still have to talk to everyone they wanted to see. Sometimes in the initial interview they know if I would be a possibility or just a plain no way candidate. Any hints if I am way low on the ranks at the end of the interview (non verbal)?

It is just like in the movies, don't call us we will call you. Sorry for the experience of rejection letters, I have had my share of them and it isn't pretty to get them. Just keep on trying and eventually you will get a job, don't give up.
Consider it poor judgement on their part, the inability to see real experience.

Pecanpie in Hartford, Connecticut

55 months ago

shoequeen in Plymouth, Minnesota said: Went on an interview a few weeks ago, at the end of the interview the man told me that they would let me know either way by the end of the following week. Well after about 2 weeks a rejection letter came in the mail. While we were impressed with your qualifications, we are seeking other candidates who more closly meet the needs of our company. We will keep your resume on file for 1 year should another position opens up that you would qualify for. Is this just a standard BS letter that they send everyone? If that same position or another one opens up in 2010 would they ever call any of the candidates they sent the letter to, or would they just post another ad and get a fresh batch of resumes? In the past whenever I received a rejection letter I never heard back from the company stating that they have another opening. If they tell me at the end of the interview that they will contact me either way do they know at that point that I would be out, but just don't tell me right to me face, and to let me know that they are still going to be interviewing more? I was never told that I was a great candidate and they are considering me, but still have to talk to everyone they wanted to see. Sometimes in the initial interview they know if I would be a possibility or just a plain no way candidate. Any hints if I am way low on the ranks at the end of the interview (non verbal)?

Don't take it to heart. At least you received a letter. I recently interviewed for a position and did not hear back at all. In the meantime, I turned down another position paying less money but a "sure thing" waiting to hear back from the other company!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.