How do you handle stress?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Sad Renee in Skokie, Illinois

58 months ago

I have had this question come up and I am not sure if I really gave them the right answer or the best answer.

"I put my mind and really focus on the project"

I am thinking of a deadline that is coming up on a presentation that my manager had to take with him tomorrow, and I need to complete it before I leave today. or another thought is that I have alot of UPS that needs to be out the door before the pickup today and I must get them all done and out today. I Must put my best effort and get it done

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Martha in Des Plaines, Illinois

53 months ago

I thrive on stress

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AdminRckStr in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

Sad Renee in Skokie, Illinois said: I have had this question come up and I am not sure if I really gave them the right answer or the best answer.

"I put my mind and really focus on the project"

I am thinking of a deadline that is coming up on a presentation that my manager had to take with him tomorrow, and I need to complete it before I leave today. or another thought is that I have alot of UPS that needs to be out the door before the pickup today and I must get them all done and out today. I Must put my best effort and get it done

I know what you mean, you're trying to do one project while you're thinking about all of the other stuff that's not getting done. If it's not humanely possible to do it, you have to speak up. I'm struggling with a project right now at my job. I warned them that it's going to take a long time for me to do it and that NONE of my other stuff is not going to get done while I focus on it. They said okay, but then kept giving me stuff. Hey, they were warned, that's all I can do.

Hey, you can only do what you can do. No more! The key, I think is to let your supervision know what you are doing and where you are spending your time so they don't think that you are just not doing the work.

Also what I do when I have to mail out stuff by a certain time I do the labels etc intermittedly throughout the morning. I don't stop and do it all at once. In fact I rarely do any of my work in one setting because being interrupted is the nature of the job. The phone is ringing, the email is hopping, people are stopping by my desk etc. So I sneak in 10 minutes for this project, 10 for this one etc.

I tend to get stressed when I encounter something I've never done befoe, but once I master it, I feel great!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

saied moradi in Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of

44 months ago

hello
am living in tehran and i wana to make a good contact about our job.this is my mail address.my name is saied moradi and i am working in abig company as a administrative assistant.i think we have good esprince about this topic.
best regards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.