Bad Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Sad Renee in Skokie, Illinois

59 months ago

I had an interview for an Office Administrator position and I feel that is went very bad! When I got there they already had another candidate there who had an earlier appointment, me, and then a third candidate who was scheduled for a later time. First I talk with the Office Manager, then she wants to see my typing, and give me 2 letters to type that were hand written from the owner. Handwriting was somewhat hard to make out sometimes, and I was not sure of something in a column. After I typed them I was to print it and she would go and collect the letter. Then she corrected it in front of me, and it had many things wrong. First the keyboard must of been off as when she showed me some of the mistakes it came out like this. Comp2ny wou8d. That was not on the screen as I did proof, and in MS Word those thing would show up with lines. Then the spacing was not high enough, and when I typed initials it was JKW/rkw and that was wrong also, they do it like JKW:rkw and I always started my letters at 2.5" from the top to allow for letterhead. I then talked with the owner, never a smile and appeared to me a mean grochie old man. Next the Receptionist also had questions for me, then after 2 hours it was over! They would contact me. I don't think I have even a chance. Anyone else have any kind of interviews that went way bad!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

59 months ago

Be grateful you won't get hired. Needing a job or not, would you really want to work there? NO. RUN!!!!

I've seen software f'kd up before. They know it. They put under so much pressure, act like you're incompetent - then they will choose the one the owner likes (whether be chosen on looks, walk, smile, age, etc).

Be grateful all you wasted was your time and you won't get hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Taken Advantage of Candidate in Hoffman Estates, Illinois

58 months ago

Sounds like this dude is someone who will be hard to work for. Sound like others tried him and either walked out or were kicked out. I would not even thank this dude for the interview. What if you were the only one who sent a thank you and he called you saying, that you are still interested by your letter and I would like to offer you the job. Boy if that was me I wouldn't know what to say, maybe that I had another offer for $5K higher than his offer to see if he would take it, if not then thank you for your time, I will accept or will accept the other offer. End of call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

plbible68 in Philadelphia, Tennessee

58 months ago

Has anyone had this happen? I recently applied for an Executive Administrative Assistant position with a local spa manufacturing company. I emailed my resume on a Wednesday night. Friday morning while heading to an interview with another company, I looked at my cell phone and it said I had a voicemail. I listened to the voicemail and it was a man from the spa company stated he'd been given my resume and wanted to talk to me. He said call him on his cell phone at my convenience. I immediately called him and left him a voicemail. I went to my other interview and checked my phone for messages after leaving the interview. No messages. I called him back later that afternoon and got his voicemail again. The man never called me at home even though I listed my home and cell phone numbers on my resume. Oh, another thing. I don't have cell phone coverage where I live(thanks AT&T)so I don't turn on my phone when I'm home. I tried calling him again the following Monday but only got voicemail. Needless to say, I never did interview for the Executive Administrative Assistant position.

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

58 months ago

plbible68 in Philadelphia, Tennessee said: Has anyone had this happen? I recently applied for an Executive Administrative Assistant position with a local spa manufacturing company. I emailed my resume on a Wednesday night. Friday morning while heading to an interview with another company, I looked at my cell phone and it said I had a voicemail. I listened to the voicemail and it was a man from the spa company stated he'd been given my resume and wanted to talk to me. He said call him on his cell phone at my convenience. I immediately called him and left him a voicemail. I went to my other interview and checked my phone for messages after leaving the interview. No messages. I called him back later that afternoon and got his voicemail again. The man never called me at home even though I listed my home and cell phone numbers on my resume. Oh, another thing. I don't have cell phone coverage where I live(thanks AT&T)so I don't turn on my phone when I'm home. I tried calling him again the following Monday but only got voicemail. Needless to say, I never did interview for the Executive Administrative Assistant position.

Consider yourself lucky. He had your cell phone number, not your home (professional number). And he never called you back. Sounds a little scary to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cobi in Mount Vernon, New York

54 months ago

Re chasing down someone who responded to my resume. Same thing is happening to me. I send a resume via an internet site and two hours later I get a message on my Cell Phone (I really would rather have it go to a Cell phone so that I don't have to screen my personal calls or change my greeting to something "plain and inoffensive"). I wait a decent amount of time and call back. First of all, the CEO answers his own phone. I say I am responding to his call about the the Office Manager position. He says, "Can I take your number and call you back later?" I think, "OK" he's probably tied up. 5:00 rolls around and nothing. So I call back the next morning and get the same routine. Now I know I am getting the brush off, and don't plan on waiting around for this A-hole any longer. However, I usually blow it during the interview process, not when I am returning the phone call of some jerk who called me! Hell, I have been hired by jerks who only unhired me the moment I got home.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.