A Honest living

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

DonnaScheidl in Saint Paul, Minnesota

52 months ago

HELP! I have been seeking employment for a couple of years. Because my work history is nil (licensed Realtor and Appraise) for 20+ years, no one is willing to even interview me. I read an article last week on CNN about someone who had filled out practically every job online and hadn't had one call. Are these going into the big black hole of online resumes? What has worked for you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Derwood, Maryland

39 months ago

I have been unemployed since 04/2009,and have received calls for interviews, but, when they meet me, I have no idea if their negative response, is because of my age, or race, because I have done, and am cabable of being a great Customer Service Representative. I am outgoing, and I have the ability to speak to anyone, from any race, age group, regardless of their economic status, at any time, without any problem, because I see them as precious humans, with life, and dreams, and hope, and I love to serve them, but I have no idea if I am rejected because I am a threat to someone, or if (I repeat) it's due to my age, or my race. I appreciate this opportunity to sound my voice. Maybe, there is someone out there, that needs people like me, to work for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.