How do you get seriously back into the work force after dedicating your life to a marriage and family no longer present.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

ledwards7553 in Wylie, Texas

51 months ago

I earnestly spend every moment I can muster seeking a job. I literally have too many people say they are looking for a "younger dynamics". I didn't even know it was legal to say this. Being 56, I refuse to believe I have no value; when did I become completely disposeable: when I lost my youth? Having twenty more years you can dedicate to learning all that will make your job belong to you and becoming the best associate you never imagined, is not relavent to anyone. I have, in the past 1 1/2 years place, submitted and/or applied for hundreds, plus, applications and resumes. I occassionally become so weary at being discarded, I feel I will surely...well, screaming out loud never got anyone a job; I believe. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be truly grateful. I fear that with the lose of hope, comes also the lose of one's smile, one's will, one's fight and what a less than wonderful marriage that almost stole all of me didn't squash, I am struggling to hang on to. And smile.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mary in Tampa, Florida

51 months ago

Do you qualify for substitute teaching? It's rought out there - the worst I've ever seen (I'm 52). Subbing is better than nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

What are the qualifications to be a sub? I positively woul accept any open door.

mary in Tampa, Florida

51 months ago

I just went and looked. You need at least a Bachelor's. There are a lot of counties that do not require a Bachelor's.

51 months ago

Thank you so much. I just looked it up too and I went to college full time for three years, but never got my degree. My financial situation is such that I have been selling all jewelry and property, one at a time to survive, so going back to school is a complete impossibility. I appreciate your efforts in my behalf.

mary in Tampa, Florida

51 months ago

If you went full time, sounds like you only need about five more classes to graduate. Give it some thought. Look in school districts in the area, see what requirements they have. I have a Bachelor's Degree. However, Hillsborough County, Tampa, only requires a high school diploma. There are some districts that only require a high school diploma or 60 credits.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.