filing

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Willa in Rochester, New York

83 months ago

I'm an AA for a Director of a department and he has stacks of manilla folders on top of his filing cabinet. Is it my responsibility to file these? I feel like he can open a hanging file folder and stick his papers in and put it in his filing cabinet. Is that too much for someone to do? If the filing cabinet was not in his office I would feel that I could file, but he's in his office often and I feel funny filing when he's in there. I really think he could do that himself he's just being really lazy. Am I not doing my job? Do other Admin's file for the person they support?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

chris in Dallas, Texas

83 months ago

ask him if he would like you to file the items. that way he notes that you have taken notice and then it puts the ball in his court to clarify.

when admin assistants are able to read minds then they should run for president or something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

chris in Dallas, Texas

83 months ago

that is why communication is necessary, and many times as bosses get busy and forget things, it is good to remind them of their minor details, surroundings, and the past due bills needing their signature. sometimes, you have to tell them what to do in the sense of reminding them without nagging them. take notes from the TV show, Ugly Betty.

Patricia

83 months ago

Yes, he may be waiting for you to take charge of the situation as you are the admin. And it's been my experience that your professional is not going to file and why should he, that's our job.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.