Legal Administrative Assistants in the house?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

AMInTheMorning in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia

84 months ago

Hi everyone!! My name is Anne-Marie and this is my first post!! I'm a LAA and I was wondering if there were any fellow assistants that post in this forum. I'm just doing some networking as it's always good to meet other women in the industry! I just got a position working in a Securities firm and am quite nervous as I have never worked int his area of law before. I would love to have someone working in Securities tell me that it's like!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Patricia

82 months ago

Hi, I am a fellow Canadian in Ottawa, Ontario. I am a legal assistant as well, but currently in another area of law. I have previously worked in Business Law and have done some securities work. I find the lawyers are very helpful. Don't be afraid to ask questions! Especially from the associates who are learning themselves. They can be a great resource. The other assistants will also want to help you so you can be part of the team.

They obviously hired you because they thought you could do the job and they must know you are not as experienced in securities. So just go in and enjoy it as you head into this new opportunity. The more varied experience you have in law, the more marketable you will be.

You can find me on my blog: secretaryhelpline.blogspot.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.