ISO a job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Gwendolyn in Washington, District of Columbia

40 months ago

I was recently laid off at a law firm in DC. I was there for 4 years and was not given a severance package. I have 20 years of legal secretarial/executive assistant experience and 10 years of secretarial experience working with high level professionals. I have applied to more than 60 jobs and haven't gotten one call for an interview. I have a very impressive resume, excellent references, am very skilled, a hardworker, not afraid of working late or on weekends. I am a workaholic. I love to work and get up in the morning knowing that I'm going to be part of a team and to work productively. What am I doing wrong? Is there something I should be doing that I'm not. Any constructive criticism would be helpful. Peace and Blessings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dds in Rockville, Maryland

40 months ago

My heart goes out to you. NEVER give up. I was out of work for 6 months and was despondent. Then I got a job. You sound great! Sign up for temp jobs- apply for jobs on web site where you want to work THAT ARE NOT BEING ADVERTISED.
THe competition for posted jobs is too much for anybody!
If you apply for jobs not advertised you are all by yourself in the applicant pool- maybe. Sign up for unemployment ASAP if you have not already- you can do it online. YOU MUST DO THIS. It is your right you earned this.
NEVER give up.
Good luck.

nw_staffing in Vienna, Virginia

40 months ago

Send me your resume...nwills@staffingnow.com, Ill find something for you

dds in Rockville, Maryland

40 months ago

I am 58 and need to move jobs. Layoffs pending where I work.
I am searching very hard and people from HR call me- but when I return the call- I never hear from them again.
Then exception seems to be if the HR person sounds close to my age.

I've had 5 or 6 like this rejects just based on the sound of my voice on a message, and I'm scared. HELP.
suggestions?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.