Sending your information regarding these "new positions"

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Just thinking....

95 months ago

I've been using this website for some time now and it's really disturbing to think that these positions aren't really available or have been filled internally prior to the actual posting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Emma (Host) in Stamford, Connecticut

95 months ago

Indeed does it's best to provide the freshest job listings to its users. It is Indeed's policy to not have a job listing included in the index if it is over 30 days old. Did you have an experience where you applied for a position that was filled over 30 days prior to it being included in the index?

LRose in Waterbury, Connecticut

95 months ago

Unfortunately, this is a problem one can encouter on many different job boards. I use one that's very media-industry specific, run by a totally professional organization, yet when I inquired about a position that was (according to the job board) just posted yesterday, I was informed by the hiring manager that they already had a final candidate.

Keep your chin up -- that's what I tell myself. I find Indeed has a very good track record, and I've been using it for some 6 months or so now.

Best,
LR

Just thinking....

95 months ago

I will keep my chin up - and continue to search for jobs via internet, in person and using the alsmost forgotten "telephone book". I'm fully aware that the best way to become gainfully employeed is through word of mouth and networking with other professional indivduals. When you are new to an community and have limited resources, this task becomes tricky...

Just thinking

Larry Scott in Orlando, Florida

94 months ago

You're right. Most public job postings are for compliance reasons only not because they actually want to hire someone. Federal & state rules require them to "advertise" any position that opens up - even if its already been filled internally.

Renee

94 months ago

Dont be discouraged, i think indeed.com is one of the better website. i applied online and got a call the next day! a week later i was hired. I told some friends and they also experienced the same results.

debi johnson in Aledo, Illinois

94 months ago

I am new at finding a job over the internet but seems that is the way to go these days. A friend told me about indeed and I did find an ad that was very interesting but the problem I can move if the right job comes around but how is the process done. If you live out of the state will they really look at you or just move on and hope they find someone in their area. not sure if I should even bother sending my resume. what do you think.

Renee

94 months ago

Renee said:

I was also looking for a job out of state, i applied with no results. i used indeed and i got the call the next day and was hired. maybe it was luck, i dont know. what you can do is use a local address and maybe get a cell with a local number that might help.

Donna in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

94 months ago

Thanks for the positive responses. I'm in that class of "experienced" that many don't want to hire because, I am worth more money. I have discovered indeed about an hour ago and because of these comments, will try it. I live 7 miles outside the capital city of NC and it is so hard to get a decent paying admin job. I am very qualified and determined to get the best job I can.

Laura in Wallingford, Connecticut

94 months ago

Best of luck, Donna! I find that believing in myself (and my worth, on the job and off!) is critical, particularly during the grueling days of job searching!

: )

Peggy in Greensboro, North Carolina

94 months ago

I'm in the same boat - Executive assistant experience but the $$ is not there. Now they want a 4 yr. degree for $30K---that's absurd. My chief problems are that I never used Excel (except to plug in figures and comments on an existing spreadsheet) or PPT to any extent and tho I am doing tutorials on both, can't go into an interview and state that I have heavy experience with these programs. I stress my other accomplishments and strengths.

debi johnson in Aledo, Illinois

94 months ago

Renee said:
I was also looking for a job out of state, i applied with no results. i used indeed and i got the call the next day and was hired. maybe it was luck, i dont know. what you can do is use a local address and maybe get a cell with a local number that might help.

Did you have to go for an interview that was out of state or did you have it over the phone. I don't have the money right now, but sure would like to see another state if I could get get a job for sure. thanks :)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.