Is it appropriate to apply for an administrative assistant position if you're from out-of-state?

Comments (2)

Mark Williams in Athens, Ohio

70 months ago

I am having the hardest time finding a job in my town, and I really need to move away. My problem is that I haven't been able to find a job anywhere else either (I'm in public relations/have a bachelor's in journalism). I've never applied for administrative assistant work outside of the town that I am, but I am much more interested in admin assistant work than furthering my career in PR. However, I am not sure if it is appropriate to apply for out-of-state positions. For example, if I were applying for a higher up position such as an Account Executive in a PR firm, then applying for out as an out-of-state professional would be appropriate. Being that admin assistant work is considered to be at the bottom of the work ladder, I wasn't sure if it is possible to apply for these jobs and have a chance at getting it. Thanks for your help.

dovelet in Saint Louis, Missouri

70 months ago

Do you have friends or relatives in the "town" that you want to look for a job? If so, you'll need to use their address & possibly their phone number, otherwise most company's never hire out-of-town Administrative applicants especially if they think you are looking or need relocation assistance.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.