How Many Interviews to get a job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

swoital in Chicago, Illinois

60 months ago

I realize it is tough for everyone in this economy. Have any Administrative Assistants out there had many interviews or second interviews? It seems like you go through the thousands of questions and never seem to advance or hear any thing back from the employers unless you make that follow up call only to hear that another candidate has been selected. I have had 5 interviews and on one that was on Oct 7 they have not had any second interviews yet, and I was told that I was still in the running, but after several weeks no call for another interview? Or if you already interview they are running another ad to reach out to more candidates, which tells me that they were not happy with anyone they spoke with already. Your thoughts or comments please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lgrm2009 in Spring, Texas

60 months ago

I'm job hunting too and have sent no less than 50 resumes out there in the past couple of months and have had three interviews so far. The first company conducted a phone interview which did not go too good, three weeks later I received an e mail from the employer saying that they had selected another candidate. The second time, I had two interviews which I thought went fantastic, but still didn't get the job, I had to call the temp after three days to follow up because they did not even call me to notify. And my third experience is still ongoing, last week I had my first interview with the third company, HR told me there is going to be a second round of interviews if I passed the first. I hope to hear from them... Who knows? It is certainly hard and most of the companies are conducting two interviews, the first one with the HR Manager and the second one with the person/s you will provide support to. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.