What Are Some of the Biggest Changes in the A.A Field?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Gloria in Bend, Oregon

74 months ago

I'm interested in the A.A field and am taking an online course. One of the questions posed is what are some of the changes that have taken place in the Administrative Assistant field in the past three years?

Whether you work in medical, educational, ornon-profit, it doesn't matter. I assume technology is the biggest change, but if you can give me some info on the changes you encountered and how you deal with them on a daily basis, I would really appreciate it!

Regards,

A.A Hopeful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Patricia in Ottawa, Ontario

73 months ago

Gloria in Bend, Oregon said: I'm interested in the A.A field and am taking an online course. One of the questions posed is what are some of the changes that have taken place in the Administrative Assistant field in the past three years?

Whether you work in medical, educational, ornon-profit, it doesn't matter. I assume technology is the biggest change, but if you can give me some info on the changes you encountered and how you deal with them on a daily basis, I would really appreciate it!

Regards,

A.A Hopeful

I find one of the biggest changes in our role is that we are more management than just administrative. They eliminated middle management so someone had to fill the role and it seems the admins have stepped up to the plate. Unfortunately, many times our salary does not match our job description.

I do however find my new role as admin assistant more interesting than the old days of being a secretary and just answering the phone, typing and filing. Much more challenging.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.