How to save website links and passwords in Outlook?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

s in Boston, Massachusetts

73 months ago

Is there anyway to save a list of websites links, user names and passwords in Outlook so I can save and update them and other people can view and access them?

Notes seem to be too cumbersome since everything is clumped into one note, and for contacts, you'd need to filter out the site you're looking for. Is there anyway to save a spreadsheet in some database within Outlook? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Richard Carlisle in Springfield, Missouri

72 months ago

Hi,

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do but it sounds like you want to create a distribution list. On the File menu, point to New, and then click Distribution List. It is the second choice down.

Outlook puts the list into the contacts folder.

72 months ago

Thanks Richard,

I have a spreadsheet that has a list of websites, usernames, passwords and notes and I'm constantly updating this. However, there's another user who needs this info and doesn't always have access to the drives, but can access his Outlook.

Is there anyway to have this info on Outlook other than to create a contact/distribution list? Thanks.

72 months ago

If your friend has access to his own "C" drive and your file is in Excel, you can create a blank work book on his "C" with a formula in each cell of this book set to equal each of yours. Just put the new book where you can both get at it. Every time you update, the shadow copy will update when the drives are connected.

If he cannot use Excel, email the list to him as an attachment and tell him to open it with notepad. It will look like crap but he will be able to read your latest.

72 months ago

Hello again s in Boston, Massachusetts.

One more idea, (Assuming you are using MS Word to edit Outlook) Highlight all of the data you want to share in your Excel SS. Copy and paste it into the body of an HTML email. Right click the smart tag and choose keep source formatting. Go to the TABLE tab in Outlook and choose show grid lines.

Your friend can save this email until he needs it and you can send up dates as necessary.

72 months ago

Thanks Richard,

I'm currently looking into using InfoPath or SharePoint in conjunction with Outlook.

If anybody is familiar with either of these or a similar application that allows another user to see an updated file, please let me know. Thanks!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.