Questions about EA interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Mary Katherine in Los Angeles, California

22 months ago

I've been looking for 6 months after my temp to perm job went nowhere after 18 months (hiring freeze).

My resume is stellar - it gets compliments but I can't seem to get hired. I don't like being an EA - lets make that clear - from what I see on this forum no one does. I kind of fell into it a few years back when I quit the field I was in. I came in as a temp and just happened to be good at EAing.

I think I am just a bad liar/interviewer. I can't fake enthusiasm for a drone job. I never know what they want me to say when they ask "do you want to be an EA forever?" or "what do you envision yourself doing in 5 years?" Do they want a career EA? Do they want someone more ambitious? In this economy it's a non issue. I won't jump ship for a few years.

I also don't know what questions to ask them and then there is what to wear. I've only been at one company for the last 6 years as a temp and a full time employee. The EAs are either older (50+) and dowdy or 20 and perky. I am neither. The industry I was in was super casual. When I say dowdy I mean mom jeans and Clarks and perky means skinny jeans and heels. I wore boot cut jeans and ballet flats.

I wear black slacks and sometimes a jacket and kitten heels (low heels - nine west) for interviews. I don't know if I should be sexier or if I should invest in Alfred Dunner - or how to act like I would die for the job they are offering. I do own a pair of super dowdy comfy flats I wear to meet with temp agencies.

It's been 6 months. And yes, I may have an attitude - how do I get rid of it??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.