Where do I go from here?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

lmbr in Cincinnati, Ohio

14 months ago

Hi!

I graduated from college with a bachelors in History, 3 years ago. I currently am finishing up my MBA. I have been working as an Administrative Assistant for three years. I like my job, but I know that there is much more that I am capable of doing. I'm kind of done being the office mom and solving every single problem. In my current position I am in charge of MANY different reports, that I compile information for and then do data entry and send out to the field. I'm also in charge of calendars, events, meetings, supplies, analyzing data, uploading and examining documents etc. I'm nervous that even with my MBA I'll be stuck in an Admin position for a long time. Any advice? Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

14 months ago

lmbr in Cincinnati, Ohio said: Hi!

I graduated from college with a bachelors in History, 3 years ago. I currently am finishing up my MBA. I have been working as an Administrative Assistant for three years. I like my job, but I know that there is much more that I am capable of doing. I'm kind of done being the office mom and solving every single problem. In my current position I am in charge of MANY different reports, that I compile information for and then do data entry and send out to the field. I'm also in charge of calendars, events, meetings, supplies, analyzing data, uploading and examining documents etc. I'm nervous that even with my MBA I'll be stuck in an Admin position for a long time. Any advice? Thanks!!

Start networking now! Join clubs, user groups, associations, alumni groups, etc. An MBA without experience or connections is just about worthless. I have one of them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.