Jobs listed on websites

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

admin in Bay Area, California

79 months ago

I have my resume out there on alot of job websites and companies in my area. I dont apply to all but just the ones I'm interested in and know that I can do. I keep track of the company, when I applied and requistion numbers.

Why do the same jobs come up over and over again? I applied to some in March and now seeing them come across again.

Is it okay to apply again? Of course some you can't because when you do it says "you already applied".

This is very frustrating to me that the same jobs keep repeating over and over again.

Are you finding the same problem?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Patricia in Ottawa, Ontario

79 months ago

admin in Bay Area, California said: I have my resume out there on alot of job websites and companies in my area. I dont apply to all but just the ones I'm interested in and know that I can do. I keep track of the company, when I applied and requistion numbers.

Why do the same jobs come up over and over again? I applied to some in March and now seeing them come across again.

Is it okay to apply again? Of course some you can't because when you do it says "you already applied".

This is very frustrating to me that the same jobs keep repeating over and over again.

I have never applied online so haven't come across this problem. I was thinking of you though because I got a Google Alert today for a job in the Santa Ana, California area. I wasn't sure if that was close to you or not as I am not that familiar with California, but I have a friend in Santa Ana and I heard him refer to the Bay area so perhaps it is close by. Here is the link to that job posting:
www.humanresourcesjobs.com/JS/General/Job.asp?id=17079967&aff=FE1E04F6-9592-4CD2-A242-CD8247A4C0D7

Have you considered subscribing to Google Alerts and putting in the search criteria "Administrative Assistant". I do that as one of the ways to get ideas on what to write about, but I sure do get a lot of job postings for jobs in Canada and the United States.

Here is the link to set yourself up to get these alerts if you are interested:
www.google.com/alerts

Patricia
secretaryhelpline.blogspot.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

admin in Bay Area, California

79 months ago

Thanks Patricia. Santa Ana is down south and not close by me, but thank you for thinking of me. I went ahead and did the google alert like you suggested.

I do get lots of alerts from the other websites and companies.
Its not that I dont get calls for interviews but I guess I'm being very picky too and want something close by especailly since gas is like $4.40 here.

Something will come up I'm sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ddpete in Olathe, Kansas

79 months ago

One thing you could do, is follow up with a phone call if you can find out the company name and who the hiring or HR manager is. At least you would have an answer one way or another.

Best of luck!

Patricia in Ottawa, Ontario

78 months ago

Monster has a new site for administrative assistants called Admin Secret where you can network and interact with other assistants. There is a job bank and it seems like a great place to look for work.

You can check it out at www.adminsecret.com.

Patricia
secretaryhelpline.blogspot.com/

Ignatius Bilash D'Cruze in Toronto, Ontario

76 months ago

I am looking a job Administrative Assistant in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. So, I needs company name, address and websites where I can search my job.

MoonPi

73 months ago

admin in Bay Area, California said:

In this economy, folks who look good and say the right thing get hired. Once the employer finds out they don't have the skills, they are gone and another bimbo hired. I see it all the time, as I drop off thank you notes in person if I can. Usually, the front office person is the one they hired.

So many folks are out of work, employers can hire the "perfect" person" so nearly anything can knock you out of the running. Others play a game of keeping you dangling for several interviews, then not return your call. That way if candidate #1 is not perfect, they have candidate #2 to fall back on.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.