Temp Jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

admin in Bay Area, California

76 months ago

I have been approached by head hunters or recruiters that found my resume online for temp positions.

I really dont want to work temp but they way things are going I may have to but I'm still being picky on where I work, etc.

Anyway, got an email which had the location, duration and responsibilities and asked what pay I was looking for.

I emailed back and asked what was the name of the company, if this is a possible temp to hire, was this a replacement, covering someone on leave, what department/group this is for, blah blah, and what salary they were offering.

They wrote me back and said I would have to ask those questions in the interview.

Don't I have the right to ask these questions? Shouldnt the recruiter know these answers? I don't want to have to take my time to go down there an interview just to find out its something I dont want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Patricia in Ottawa, Ontario

76 months ago

admin in Bay Area, California said: I have been approached by head hunters or recruiters that found my resume online for temp positions.

I really dont want to work temp but they way things are going I may have to but I'm still being picky on where I work, etc.

Anyway, got an email which had the location, duration and responsibilities and asked what pay I was looking for.

I emailed back and asked what was the name of the company, if this is a possible temp to hire, was this a replacement, covering someone on leave, what department/group this is for, blah blah, and what salary they were offering.

They wrote me back and said I would have to ask those questions in the interview.

Don't I have the right to ask these questions? Shouldnt the recruiter know these answers? I don't want to have to take my time to go down there an interview just to find out its something I dont want.

Don't underestimate working for a temp agency. I got my foot back in the door by temping after being a stay at home mom for 10 years. I got hired full time and have now been working for the last 11 years.

Monster has a new site for administrative assistants called Admin Secret where you can network and interact with other assistants. There is a job bank and it seems like a great place to look for work.

You can check it out at www.adminsecret.com.

Patricia
secretaryhelpline.blogspot.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.