Assistant Property Managers

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Olivia Zenitram in dfw, Texas

75 months ago

I don't understand why property management companies or property management magazines don't recognize the assistant manager for what they do.
I love my job because it is very challenging.
I alone turned the delinquency around from over 17,000 a month to ZERO. yes ZERO within a year. It was a heck of a lot of work. My old boss was a push over.
My new boss is intimidated by me because I have been with the company longer, I have been in the business longer, I am personable, and fantabulously cool!. . . . .
I brought up the possibility of a raise to my regional supervisor and she said that the "Company only gives raises at the annual review".
The apartment association magazine even said in an article that the assistant manager job is the hardest job in the business. So WTF?
Should I be crying because I make over $16.00 an hour?
I keep hearing that other assistants in the DFW area make up to $50,000 per year.

If any one knows of any companies that are hiring send their info my way.
I would be your secret BFF.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Millson in Dallas, Texas

66 months ago

Olivia Zenitram in dfw, Texas said: I don't understand why property management companies or property management magazines don't recognize the assistant manager for what they do.
I alone turned the delinquency around from over 17,000 a month to ZERO. yes ZERO within a year. It was a heck of a lot of work. My old boss was a push over.
My new boss is intimidated by me because I have been with the company longer, I have been in the business longer, I am personable, and fantabulously cool!. . . . .
I brought up the possibility of a raise to my regional supervisor and she said that the "Company only gives raises at the annual review".
The apartment association magazine even said in an article that the assistant manager job is the hardest job in the business. So WTF?
I keep hearing that other assistants in the DFW area make up to $50,000 per year.

I am a new real estate agent with no clients and honestly no money to market myself at the monent. I had a long talk with the hubby and I have decided to persue property management. I am also from DFW (south, Cedar Hill) and to frank, I am lost and don't know what step to take next. Obviously, I have done some research thus came across your post. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Portland, Oregon

65 months ago

Olivia Zenitram in dfw, Texas said: I don't understand why property management companies or property management magazines don't recognize the assistant manager for what they do.

I would love to get that info also I live in Portland oregon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Portland, Oregon

65 months ago

I would love that info as well I live in Portl and Oregon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

TWatson in Texarkana, Arkansas

64 months ago

Lisa Millson in Dallas, Texas said: I am a new real estate agent with no clients and honestly no money to market myself at the monent. I had a long talk with the hubby and I have decided to persue property management. I am also from DFW (south, Cedar Hill) and to frank, I am lost and don't know what step to take next. Obviously, I have done some research thus came across your post. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Lisa,

I am currently trying to pass my exam. I have failed 3 times! I would love some insights on passing the test. I would also love to work as an apartment manager. If you get any info please let me know and GOOD LUCK!

I moved from Mckinney,TX 6 months ago and now we are relocating back to Texas at the end of the year.

Karen in Highland, California

63 months ago

By the way this discussion has been written, you are trying to step on your manager's shoes. Which is a very bad idea if you want to survive at that property. Regardless if you have been in the business longer and try to be more personable than your manager, if you have not been promoted is for a reason. I would recommend for you to see in which areas you are failing and find your own property to manage for Christ Sake and leave your manager's position alone! In regards to the salary, be greatfull for having a job in this recession and good luck to you, you will need it!

cescord in Moreno Valley, California

62 months ago

Why most of the Companys that are looking for Property Managers or Assistant Manangers use age descrimination, even if the experience requesting is higher that they are looking for, they still hire a person from 23 to 30 better than a person older with more years experiece them the yongers one.

why most of the Companys are requires great credit when people apply for a job no for a loan?

why properties owner as Indian, Chiness, or other Country want to paid the salaries lower of minimun wage?
I beleive they don't respect themselfs stilling the hard work produce by their employees, which have no option to complain because they are scare to to id, because they thing or they lost they job, pls stop those criminal properties owners to abused of the power as owner.

Mike in Glendale, Arizona

55 months ago

Karen in Highland, California said: By the way this discussion has been written, you are trying to step on your manager's shoes. Which is a very bad idea if you want to survive at that property. Regardless if you have been in the business longer and try to be more personable than your manager, if you have not been promoted is for a reason. I would recommend for you to see in which areas you are failing and find your own property to manage for Christ Sake and leave your manager's position alone! In regards to the salary, be greatfull for having a job in this recession and good luck to you, you will need it!

Really let me guess YOU ARE A MANAGER RIGHT???? ok maybe some of us do not want to be a manager or we have and find assistant work more fun besides you don't look good unless we look good sounds like your assistant has to work for someone who has alot of personal problems (YOU) so your little comment is way off and might I add is a angry unhappy person so try to give this ( where you see a great manager you see a great team and that my unhappy friend you should be replying to I can see why you have problems with yours good luck and remember work as a team you will enjoy your job and be proud of who you are and what you do I am Jo

BarstowRocketMan in Anywhere, California

51 months ago

I'm late in replying, but I agree with Mike in Glendale. I don't see how this person is stepping on her manager's shoes. I've been the takeover manager in several companies and it was always a great relief to have an existing infrastructure of experienced, accomplished personnel who could contribute to the success of the newly forming team. The assistants I've had remained in that position because it fit within their lives at the time: they didn't have the time to dedicate to moving into the manager's position for personal reasons of school, family obligations, etc, but they were kick a$$, I was thrilled to have them and they were worth the money.

That being said, if you are interested in talkign to the regional , out of respect for the chain of command, why not talk with your boss and tell him/her about how you feel, advise that you're going to request a meeting with the regional to discuss this. That way it doesn't look as if you're going behind anyone's back. Most managers are involved in the review process anyway so it's a good opportunity to get on your boss's good side :)

Karen in Highland, California said: By the way this discussion has been written, you are trying to step on your manager's shoes. Which is a very bad idea if you want to survive at that property. Regardless if you have been in the business longer and try to be more personable than your manager, if you have not been promoted is for a reason. I would recommend for you to see in which areas you are failing and find your own property to manage for Christ Sake and leave your manager's position alone! In regards to the salary, be greatfull for having a job in this recession and good luck to you, you will need it!

HUDMANAGER in Carmichael, California

51 months ago

I wish I had had the opprotunity to have an Asst Manager at many of my sites, however, it was not allowed. Sounds to me like you might be able to apply for your own property and do what the community manager does. It's a lot more responsiblity, but sounds like you want it. Talk to your boss and regional and see what they think. Any company that would deny a person who has collected 17, 000 in past due delinquencies is a fool. They want the money and to let an asset go because they wanted a promotions is not very smart in my book.
Good LUck

Anyone here a low income or affordable housing manager take my survey

www.hud-manager.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.