When your lease claims that you have peaceful enjoyment of your leased unit...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

T

52 months ago

How do you make a family complex a "peaceful" place to live when you have domestic violence, drug dealers, and visitors that create havoc?
I've been managing my property for 4 years, and this year has been nothing but trouble. So much chaos. I move someone out that isn't compliant, and another moves in with new problems.
How can I create a peaceful environment? Is there such a thing during these tought times in our economy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MaryBeth in Hartwell, Georgia

52 months ago

Give a few more details such as how many families are there? Do you live on site? Are you doing background checks? Are tenant complaints concerning repairs and safety issues dealt with respect and concern? Are there attempts to create a friendly cozy 'we look out for each other here?' attitude?

HUDMANAGER in Sacramento, California

46 months ago

you lease violate be consistent and three strikes your out. Especially if your a low income household.
Be careful though with domestic violence issues. YOu must document all the counseling. YOu must refer the victim to DV centers. Let them know that you understand but that you have to protect the other residents.
Also, you are a manadated reporter. YOu must report where DV is occuring and with children. Failure to protect by the mother/father is a huge issue. Also, if you do nothing and are aware you could be liable.
Although, fair housing would say to stay out of it, but if the kid gets hurt or the woman gets killed they would also try to come after you for failing to protect.
Catch 22.
Be very careful with this one. You can evict but you must follow certain guidelines.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.