Getting started in the business

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Sako in La Crescenta, California

43 months ago

Hi everyone.

I am looking to getting started in this business. I need help as to what websites are good to look for jobs, companies to inquire, and the like. If there is a website set up for this type of information that would be really helpful. I live in Los Angeles. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

apt manager in Sacramento, California

43 months ago

PMJOBS.com is a great site to start. It will show the state (not all states willhave jobs advertised) but it will have the property managment link as well. You will need common sense, patience as you will be an adult day care provider, organization, people skills, be firm not afraid to enforce rules or work with law enforcement. Prioritize, manage staff with different types of personalities and work extremely well under stress. Tip; if you do land a job biggest mistake I think we all made as firsttimers was befriending residents; huge mistake! Do not fratinize with them they will turn on you when you do your job.
Also you must have an excellent sense of humor! It will turn to a sarcastic humor if you don't already have that, but you must have it!
FPI is one of the largest in California and they have properties in LA area. They also have great training for newbies.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

apt manager in Sacramento, California

43 months ago

Sako in La Crescenta, California said: Hi everyone.

I am looking to getting started in this business. I need help as to what websites are good to look for jobs, companies to inquire, and the like. If there is a website set up for this type of information that would be really helpful. I live in Los Angeles. Thanks!

PMJOBS.com is a great site to start. It will show the state (not all states willhave jobs advertised) but it will have the property managment link as well. You will need common sense, patience as you will be an adult day care provider, organization, people skills, be firm not afraid to enforce rules or work with law enforcement. Prioritize, manage staff with different types of personalities and work extremely well under stress. Tip; if you do land a job biggest mistake I think we all made as firsttimers was befriending residents; huge mistake! Do not fratinize with them they will turn on you when you do your job.
Also you must have an excellent sense of humor! It will turn to a sarcastic humor if you don't already have that, but you must have it!
FPI is one of the largest in California and they have properties in LA area. They also have great training for newbies

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.