What do apartment managers like?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Hyrum in Vegas in Dallas, Texas

45 months ago

I am not sure if this is an appropriate forum for this question but I do work for apartments resurfacing countertops, bathtubs, and cabinets. I am trying to grow my business and serve the customers (apartment managers) better. What are things that you look for in a vendor and what are things I could do to win business from apartment managers.

I know many apartment managers have A Lot of pull when it comes to choosing vendors, if they dont have all the pull. Our business is very customer service oriented. Many times a manager or maintenance person will call because they have someone moving in TOMORROW and they need the work done today. We accommodate those requests and do not charge a premium for that. Our employee does an excellent job on the work he does. Our prices are competetive with other companies that do the same work. We are on many of the vendor lists.

I know many managers are VERY busy ALL the time and they dont like seeing us vendors come in and try and sell our business to them. What can we do to win managers business? IDEAS?

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hyrum in Vegas in Phoenix, Arizona

45 months ago

bump

agardens in Kingwood, Texas

44 months ago

Make sure you are registered with the National Apartment Association. Participate in the events (chili cook offs, holiday parties) they have throughout the year, where managers can come to unwind together, be introduced to each other and to all the different and new vendors in the process.

Apartment Manager in Encinitas, California

32 months ago

Bring in plenty of references, pictures of your work, offer a free price quote, and it wouldn't hurt to bring a bottle of wine with your business card attached.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.