Evicted tenants returning to property

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

T

50 months ago

After you've evicted someone, can you tell them to stay away? I have some bad tenants that were kicked out, but now come to visit friends that still live here, their kids are very destructive and I believe have been told by the parents to just go ahead and ruin things while here. Can I warn the current tenant that these guests of theirs are not welcome on the property or is that illegal? Having to get a restraining order against them just seems so ridiculous, what are my rights or what have you done to manage such an issue?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

HUDMANAGER in Sacramento, California

50 months ago

Yes, they are tresspassing and can be arrested! Whoever, they are visiting you should lease violate with a 3 day covenant or quit and if they show up during that three day you can evict the people they are visiting.
You don't need a restraining order. YOur current residents are responsible for all guests and their guests behaivors etc.
Tell not only the former residents but the current residents that they are tresspassing and they cannot be at the property. if they don't listen evict them . Consult your attorney as the laws may be different in each state.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

T

49 months ago

HUDMANAGER in Sacramento, California said: Yes, they are tresspassing and can be arrested! Whoever, they are visiting you should lease violate with a 3 day covenant or quit and if they show up during that three day you can evict the people they are visiting.
You don't need a restraining order. YOur current residents are responsible for all guests and their guests behaivors etc.
Tell not only the former residents but the current residents that they are tresspassing and they cannot be at the property. if they don't listen evict them . Consult your attorney as the laws may be different in each state.

Actually I asked our local cops.. and they told me that it is not considered trespassing! That bummed me out.

HUDMANAGER in Carmichael, California

48 months ago

Actually you have to tell them 3X and sign a letter with the PD to get them to enforce it at least in CAlifornia. Don't let them shoot you down! They are lying! I have had to do it many times, and yes you have to sign and agreement with the police!

Apartment Manager in Encinitas, California

34 months ago

I don't think you can have them arrested for trespassing, but you can evict the tenant they are visiting for the actions of their guests.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.