The owner wants me to believe that the "industry standard" is no one gets their deposit back

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

new at this in Concord, California

38 months ago

I am having a problem with that one. When it becomes impossible to come up with any more legal deductions he expects me to find a way to do it . He does not want to write any one a check for any part of a deposit. He say thats the way the Vasona's and the Fullers' and Castle management properties are run and I just dont believe it Can any one comment on that for me. If you can give me percentages or statistics. If its true there may be a job opening soon because i cant help him take whats not his. It's going to get critical in a couple of weeks and I would like to know what the standard really is. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

T in Modesto, California

38 months ago

That's insanely illegal.
Do what you know is right.
If you lose that job, good riddance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ApartmentManagerTips in Ontario, California

35 months ago

The owner may pay your paycheck, but im on board with morality also. A good move-in and move-out inspections should keep him from being able to do this. Since the resident gets a copy of it anyways, it could be their proof in court that they are entitled to an amount back under the right conditions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.