The best part is...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

What do you enjoy most about architect work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

Vanocur Edwards in Austin, TX

99 months ago

I love the work it's hard to get started but the key is to keep trying never put aside . I got my certification in july and trying to show my work but no glow but yet it looks like the more you go the more your spirit get stronger in your work.
vanocur@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Wanderer in Saint Louis, Missouri

96 months ago

The thing I've heard most from my friends who go into Architecture is that they're expecting to be able to be creative and freethinking.

The reality is that they're realizing a client's dream, and not their own, and they're working under the restriction of their company higher-ups and their respective visions.

Keep up with technology and building trends (learn Revit Building or become LEED Certified).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

riaz in Sunnyvale, California

81 months ago

how to get a LEED certifications.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wanderer in Saint Louis, Missouri

81 months ago

Riaz,

You can find information about professional accreditation here...
www.gbci.org/DisplayPage.aspx?CMSPageID=28

jason in New Hyde Park, New York

80 months ago

You could look there but theres actual a new online directory thats free where you can get a feel for someones credentials as a professional. i believe it is called findatop.com where people come and search for the Top architects, lawyers, engineers and all professionals. The cool thing is, is that i signed myself up last week its free unlike the damn yellowpages, but this is also much more than a search angine its interactive between its users.

DLA in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

67 months ago

I can't agree with you more ... by the time you realize the sad reality of being an architect you're too old to change careers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ROBERTO in Barcelona, Spain

57 months ago

DLA in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia said: I can't agree with you more ... by the time you realize the sad reality of being an architect you're too old to change careers.

YOU LOOK LIKE YOURE REALLY DISSAPOINTED AT BEING AN ARCHITECT... YOU SHOULD NOT TRANSFER TO OTHERS YOUR MISFORTUNES. ARCHITECTURE IS ABOUT PASSION. IT IS NOT EASY TO GET YOUR FOOT INTO A GOOG JOB. BUT IN MY CASE, I LOVE IT!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lili@yahoo.com in Seattle, Washington

38 months ago

you're too old to change careers?
Absolutly true.

Emily in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

Hi everyone, my name is Emily. I am a junior at Pittsburgh Perry Traditional Academy. This year I am required to complete my Graduation Project. This is a long term project on anything of my choice and I have chosen to build a scale model of my house. I am also required to interview a professional in a field related to my project and I would appreciate it very much if someone would answer a few quick questions for me or if you are too busy, direct me toward someone who will. If you are interested please email me at emmiejsensei@gmail.com or comment.
Thank you very much. I hope to hear from you soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.