Para certification info

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Cate in Brooklyn, New York

86 months ago

I have been trying to get info on any upcoming para certification tests in New York and simply cannot find information. I am also wondering if there the test for (NYC) the Department of Education is the state test. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

elen

72 months ago

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: psforteachers@yahoo.com

Employment now available in the After School Program (NY location only) even BEFORE you receive your NJ or NY certification. Participate in our exclusive 5-weeks in NJ (North Bergen) TEACHER ASSISTANT WORKSHOP**!

Bring your resume along, so we can refer you to the on-site employer or hire you for online teaching (ONLY FOR THOSE ENROLLED IN THE WORKSHOP*).

The workshop will guide you through the NJ Certification Process and will prepare you for the State Teacher Assistant Certification Exam while you are working!

Requirements for Certification: High School Diploma or GED.

NJ Workshop Starts: Tuesday November 18th, 2008
Workshop Time: 6 pm to 8:30 pm
Workshop Location: North Bergen

Recruitment is on a first come-first served basis.
NJ State Teacher Assistant Test is on January 10th, 2009***.

Deadline to Register by: Friday, Nov. 14th, 2008.
Receive 10% discount of tuition.

To receive registration information for NJ & NY courses E-mail:
psforteachers@yahoo.com to register.

Upon registration you'll receive information about the After-School Program employment opportunity.

*Only for individuals who want to become certified. (NOT for certified individuals)
**Registration fee applie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mombacktowork in Staten Island, New York

67 months ago

Cate in Brooklyn, New York said: I have been trying to get info on any upcoming para certification tests in New York and simply cannot find information. I am also wondering if there the test for (NYC) the Department of Education is the state test. Thanks!

I am looking to do the same...were you sucessful?

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

67 months ago

Right now I don't think you're going to get into any program. There was a BIG article in today's Tampa Tribune about sustitute teaching. Los Angeles, Chicago and New York aren't even taking substitute applications. Maybe that's why you can't find information.

Jessell in Yonkers, New York

60 months ago

Cate in Brooklyn, New York said: I have been trying to get info on any upcoming para certification tests in New York and simply cannot find information. I am also wondering if there the test for (NYC) the Department of Education is the state test. Thanks!

There is! you have to go to this website to register for the exam. www.nystce.nesinc.com

Bernice Regenstein in Rochester, New York

29 months ago

Dear People,
I would like toknow how to get in those Courses: Child Abuse and Violence Prevention to meet the NY State Teacher Assistant Certificate Requirements without paying any money.
Also I would like to know if you have to take a test to get the NY State Teacher Assistant Certificate?
I have a BA Degree in Early Childhood Education from Rowan Univ. Glassboro, NJ.
A NJ Elementary Certificate.
A Group Teacher Approval Certificate from The State of NJ Division of Youth and Family Services.
I am a Substitute Paraprofessional with the Pittsford, NY Central School District.
What are the requirements for Paraprofessional Certification?
I still can't find a job.
I don't drive a car, which makes it even harder.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I attended Staffing Solutions at Child Care Council in 200l. It did cover Child Abuse, Neglect, Maltreatment, Arts and Crafts, Storytelling, Recycling, Lesson Plans, etc.
Unfortunately, their records from years ago are in the archives someplace.
I have some material at home that proves that Child ABuse was included.
Thank-you.
Sincerely,
Bernice Regenstein

Bernice Regenstein
PO Box 18756
Rochester, NY 14618 Bernice Regenstein
56 Marquette Drive
Rochester, NY 14

bernice14618@yahoo.com.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.