Calling all teacher aides working with specials needs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Holly in Auckland, New Zealand

79 months ago

Is this site where I could possibly meet, chat and exchange notes with other TAs on the same or similar boat? Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kim in Lowell, Massachusetts

79 months ago

i sub for kids with speical needs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kate in Easton, PA in Easton, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

I worked with Special Ed teachers and students for 6 years in NJ. I recently moved to PA and am having a hard time finding work here. There are so many different needs these children have and being with them is very rewarding. In NJ you need to be fingerprinted, but no criminal background check or child abuse check (which I think is crucial) In PA I've obtained all requirements and still, no offers.If anyone wants to chat, here I am.

diane cobb in Yonkers, New York

76 months ago

this comet is for Kate i think it is rediculious that they dont do criminal background check, you have a voice to try to change that, anyways you should look into public scool system, grouphomes, daycare centers.

akelly in Framingham, Massachusetts

76 months ago

maybe search state agencies like dmr,dss,department of juvenile justice or children mental health hospitals,respite care,non profit and private agencies seeking teacher aide or subs for children care.....
yep no background check the job must be very low paying or that is what the fingerprint is for to check criminal past.....jobs that want you to dress professional,have credentials or jump through alot of hoops should pay more.

jobs that pays pennies dont expect much hoops. subs are not expected to be lead teachers they are just their to be helpers or assistance like a candy striper and anybody can do assisstance work.....
what do you think parents do when they just have a special needs child....oh no lets take their child away from them because they are not lead teacher or childcare certififed? no
only if parents have a history of child neglect/abuse will society take children away.......I think with HIV and other diseases with no sympton society needs to do blood test on everybody all the time....society should also get rid of racial idenitifying grouping or really look at people blood test to determine background,type a,b,o blood etc...you can also i think put of ads in your local paper requesting working with special needs as a teacher's aide......www.necc.org if you have a related bachelor lest than 10 years old.... from pleasant

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Victoria Warren in Saint Louis, Missouri

75 months ago

I am looking for a position as an Teacher Assistant but I haven't had any luck finding a job. I am interested in La Petite Academy in St.Louis, Mo. So if you have an contact number I could reach some one at I will greatly appreciate it.
My name is Victoria Warren. My email address is victoriawarren43@hotmail.com Please respond back I am looking forward to hearing from you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dawn in Blackburn, United Kingdom

75 months ago

Hi, I'm a TA in the UK, working one to one with a couple of students.

My family and I are talking about moving over New Zealand but my husband has no needed skills (as they cal them) does anyone know if TA's are needed, and what would be the chances of getting a position. Here it is sometimes who you know not qualifications.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

well i live in New York, there are alot of opprotuinties here, most of the time u don't need any certification or sometimes any experience it's all how u present your self doing his interview.

Jared RIvas in Parsippany, New Jersey

73 months ago

diane cobb in Yonkers, New York said: well i live in New York, there are alot of opprotuinties here, most of the time u don't need any certification or sometimes any experience it's all how u present your self doing his interview.

Hi Dianne. How do you apply for teacher's assistant in Yonkers. Do you need a certification for that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

TO apply for a teachers asst cert you can apply online, just type teacher assitant certification and its self explaining from there, good luck let me know how things go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

rose2fire in London, United Kingdom

71 months ago

Hi,
I have a BSc in biochemistry and live in the UK. I plan to get into teaching but would ultimately love to work in New York. Is it possible to train in the UK then work in NY as a teacher? I have an american passport.

71 months ago

diane cobb in Yonkers, New York said: well i live in New York, there are alot of opprotuinties here, most of the time u don't need any certification or sometimes any experience it's all how u present your self doing his interview.

Hi,
Is it possible to train as a teacher in UK then use that qualification to work in New York?

Cynthia in Yonkers, New York

71 months ago

rose2fire in London, United Kingdom said: Hi,
Is it possible to train as a teacher in UK then use that qualification to work in New York?

Hi, you would need additional certification in order to work as a New York Public school teacher. If you plan to live in the States, you would need specific certification from that state. You also need a BA and eventually an MA for permanent certification as a teacher.

71 months ago

Thanks for your reply. I already have an american passport. How long would it take to get a BA and MA?

71 months ago

rose2fire in London, United Kingdom said: Thanks for your reply. I already have an american passport. How long would it take to get a BA and MA?

A BA is a Bachelor's Degree. It is typically 128 college undergraduate credits which, full-time typically takes 3 - 4 years. An MA is a Master's Degree, which is a graduate degree and it typically takes 1 - 2 years full time. It is about 30 credits beyond the BA. If you work in a private school, you do not need certification. Most private school teachers have just the BA without certification. For public school, you must have certification. You can get alot of this information by going to New York State Department of Education website. I believe it is NYSED. Good luck

71 months ago

Cynthia in Yonkers, New York said: A BA is a Bachelor's Degree. It is typically 128 college undergraduate credits which, full-time typically takes 3 - 4 years. An MA is a Master's Degree, which is a graduate degree and it typically takes 1 - 2 years full time. It is about 30 credits beyond the BA. If you work in a private school, you do not need certification. Most private school teachers have just the BA without certification. For public school, you must have certification. You can get alot of this information by going to New York State Department of Education website. I believe it is NYSED. Good luck

Just looked at your original post, you already have a BS so you would just need certification. NY is desperate for Math/Science teachers, with your Science background you should have no problem. Good luck

71 months ago

Hi! By certification do you mean i will need a masters degree on top of the Bsc which i already have?

rebecca-hall@live.co.uk in Auckland, New Zealand

63 months ago

Dawn in Blackburn, United Kingdom said: Hi, I'm a TA in the UK, working one to one with a couple of students.

My family and I are talking about moving over New Zealand but my husband has no needed skills (as they cal them) does anyone know if TA's are needed, and what would be the chances of getting a position. Here it is sometimes who you know not qualifications.

Kia Ora,
I have jst returned after wrking as a TA in the UK I am a 'Kiwi' work over here at the moment is very quiet, we are a small country, and the 'Recession' period has hit our economy hard. To be honest I think work wise you will struggle.

Marjorie Holmes in Carmichael, California

58 months ago

I am looking to move back to Hawthorne,Nevada, I have been a special education instructional aide for about 15 years. I have worked with elementary children,Middle school,and high school special needs children. I have worked with sdc,ed.autism spectrum disorder,downsindrown,blind special needs children. Also I have did CBI work with special needs children community base work,also potty training. I now work with kintergartens that are on diapers and who have behavioral problems. But i enjoy working with older children to help them where they will be able to be indepented.

Utaka Alexander in Richmond, Texas

54 months ago

I love to help people in all the right way that i can.So please make the right choise.

annsmith in Atlanta, Georgia

52 months ago

i have live in atlanta ga for about 4years and i love working with children.if Have a job opening in atlanta let me konw i am every interested in that job i have masters degree in art in eucation administration my nimer in elementery education and i have my DAC in early child hood education and i am a licenses foster nad adoption fostercare.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.